Washing and (dry-)cleaning of textile and fur products (96.01.0.00)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Formalities according to the Services Directive
For taking-up and pursuit of a service the follwoing specific service-related formalities (authorisations and notifications) must always be obeyed:
Skilled crafts and trades; Establishing the requirement for registration of the skilled craft or trade
Your venture may be liable to a permit under trade law or a notification. To allow the Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades to decide whether or not your venture requires an application for registration in the Register of Craftsmen and/or merely a notification, please start by completing the information sheet on the circumstances of your enterprise (see “Forms”). The competent Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades will contact you after investigating the information provided.
Formalities relating to the employment of workers
If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.
When posting employees to Germany, the Employee Posting Act must be observed. This law obliges both employers based in Germany and employers based abroad who employ workers in Germany to comply with statutory and, in certain sectors, collectively agreed working conditions. In addition, employers are subject to further obligations.
Tax related formalities
For taking-up and pursuit of a service please also consider the following tax related formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
For service providers operating across borders without a branch in Germany, there are various special jurisdictions and special regulations depending on the tax liability, activity or type of tax.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
This service includes:
- Laundry, chemical dry cleaning, ironing, etc., of garments of every description (including furs) and other textiles by mechanical equipment, either manually via by self-service by coin-operated washing machines, for private or commercial customers
- Receipt, collection and delivery of laundry items related to washing or chemical cleaning (dry cleaning)
- Shampooing of carpets and carpet runners, cleaning of curtains and drapes, also on the customers’ premises
- Provision of linens, industrial and occupational clothing, and the like by laundries
- Diaper services
- Annahmestellen für chemische Reinigung und Bekleidungsfärberei
- Annahmestellen für Wäschereien
- Bettfedernreinigung (Reinigung von Federbetten)
- Chemische Reinigungen
- Färbereien (Bekleidungsfärbereien)
- Kleiderbad (Textilreinigung)
- Kleiderfärbereien (Bekleidungsfärbereien)
- Pelzfärberei (Bekleidungsfärberei)
- Reinigung von Matratzen
- Reinigung von Vorhängen und Gardinen
- Reinigungen, chemische
- Shampoonieren von Teppichen und Läufern
- Teppichreinigungen (Shampoonieren von Teppichen und Läufern)
- Wäschevermietung durch Wäschereien
- Windelservice (Waschen von Windeln)