Support activities for petroleum and natural gas extraction (09.10.0.00)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Formalities according to the Services Directive
For taking-up and pursuit of a service the follwoing specific service-related formalities (authorisations and notifications) must always be obeyed:
Certain activities in the mining industry may only be carried out by persons who can prove their reliability and expertise. This is checked by the recognition authority.
If so-called "other documents" are sufficient instead of crack surveys, these can be prepared by "other persons" (as mine surveyors). These "other persons" require the recognition of the competent authority.
Formalities relating to the place of business
In addition to the requirements related to a specific service there are authorisations and/or notification obligations in other legal areas regarding the place of business which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.
Requirements particularly in the areas of construction law, public road legislation, imission control law, water and waste law, listed building regulations and forest law should be taken into account.
If you wish to use municipal or local thoroughfares of district, state or federal roads not only for traffic purposes, but also for your own interests or commercial activities, you require a special use permit.
The construction, operation and significant modification of certain industrial plants that may have a harmful impact on the environment require a permit under immission control legislation.
An official permit is required for any impact on a water body that is not only of completely minor importance.
In Bavaria, the counties and independent cities are generally responsible for waste disposal. They offer information on waste disposal for citizens and businesses.
If you want to carry out measures on architectural or ground monuments or in the vicinity of such monuments, you will in many cases require permits in accordance with the German Monument Protection Act (DSchG).
The public supply of drinking water to households as a service of general interest is provided by the municipalities, municipal utilities (water supply companies) or municipal special-purpose associations.
Wastewater disposal; implementation
This formality description is currently being revised.
The following authorisations and notifications may be required:
For the exploration, extraction and processing of mineral resources subject to the Federal Mining Act, the mining company requires an operating plan approved by the competent mining authority.
Formalities relating to the employment of workers
If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.
As an employer, you must register your employees who are subject to social insurance contributions. You will need a company number for this.
If you start a business, become self-employed or freelance, you must register this with the statutory accident insurance.
As an employer, you are required to register your employees with the social security system.
The employer must withhold and pay the wage tax.
When posting employees to Germany, the Employee Posting Act must be observed.
Employers are obliged to fill a certain number of jobs with severely disabled persons or persons with equivalent status. A compensatory levy must be paid for each unfilled mandatory position.
Tax related formalities
For taking-up and pursuit of a service please also consider the following tax related formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
If you start a business, take an interest in a business or become self-employed, you must inform the tax office.
We would also like to inform you about the following personal formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
When you move into an apartment, you must register with the relevant registration office (municipality, city or administrative community) within two weeks.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
This service includes:
- Services rendered for money or on another contractual basis on the crude petroleum and natural gas fields:
- Exploratory services rendered in connection with crude petroleum or natural gas extraction, e.g. in the form of conventional prospection methods such as e.g. geological observations conducted in potentially viable areas
- Testing, expansion, production, and auxiliary wells; Setting up wells; installation, repair and disassembly of drilling rigs; cementing and filling of drilled holes for crude petroleum and natural gas drilling; pumping of drilled holes; closing and decommissioning of drilled holes, etc.
- Liquefaction and regasification of natural gas at the extraction site for the purpose of transporting
- Draining and pumping on commission
- Test drilling for crude petroleum or natural gas extraction
- Firefighting services on crude petroleum and natural gas fields
- Abbau von Bohranlagen (Dienstleistungen im Rahmen der Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)
- Auspumpen von Bohrlöchern (Dienstleistungen im Rahmen der Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)
- Bohranlagen (Montage, Reparatur und Abbau, Dienstleistungen im Rahmen der Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)
- Bohrungsarbeiten für die Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung
- Dienstleistungen bei der Gewinnung von Erdöl und Erdgas
- Erschließung von Ölfeldern
- Kondensate, Gew. (Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)
- markscheiderische Tätigkeiten
- Montage von Bohranlagen (Dienstleistungen im Rahmen der Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)
- Reparatur von Bohranlagen (Dienstleistungen im Rahmen der Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)
- Rückumwandlung von Erdgas zu Transportzwecken
- Verflüssigung und Rückumwandlung von Erdgas zu Transportzwecken am Gewinnungsort
- Verflüssigung von Erdgas an der Förderstätte zu Transportzwecken
- Verfüllen von Bohrlöchern für Öl- und Gasbohrungen (Dienstleistungen im Rahmen der Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)
- Zementieren von Bohrlöchern für Öl- und Gasbohrungen (Dienstleistungen im Rahmen der Erdöl- und Erdgasgewinnung)