Veterinary practice activities (75.00.1.00)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Other service-related formalities
For taking-up and pursuit of a service the following service-related formalities, which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact, must be obeyed:
Veterinarians can apply for a license to practice veterinary medicine if they have completed their veterinary training in Bavaria or in an EU member state, an EEA member state or in Switzerland and wish to practice veterinary medicine in Bavaria.
If you want to practice the veterinary profession in the Federal Republic of Germany without a license as a veterinarian, you need a permit.
Formalities relating to the employment of workers
If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.
When posting employees to Germany, the Employee Posting Act must be observed. This law obliges both employers based in Germany and employers based abroad who employ workers in Germany to comply with statutory and, in certain sectors, collectively agreed working conditions. In addition, employers are subject to further obligations.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
This service includes:
- Medical care for and check-ups of farm animals and pets as well as of zoo animals, fur and breeding animals, both in veterinary clinics and during visits to agricultural businesses, kennels, or animal shelters or otherwise, outside of animal clinics
- Activities of veterinary assistants or other veterinary staff, both in veterinary clinics and during visits to agricultural businesses, kennels, or animal shelters or otherwise, outside of animal clinics
- Arztpraxen, veterinärmedizinische
- Praxen von Tierärzt(en/innen)
- Veterinärmedizinische Arztpraxen