Manufacture of electrical lamps and lighting fixtures (

If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.

The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.

Formalities according to the Services Directive

Formalities according to the Services Directive

For taking-up and pursuit of a service the follwoing specific service-related formalities (authorisations and notifications) must always be obeyed:

  • Skilled crafts and trades; Establishing the requirement for registration of the skilled craft or trade

    Your venture may be liable to a permit under trade law or a notification. To allow the Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades to decide whether or not your venture requires an application for registration in the Register of Craftsmen and/or merely a notification, please start by completing the information sheet on the circumstances of your enterprise (see “Forms”). The competent Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades will contact you after investigating the information provided.

  • Business registration; business registration by non-EU citizens

    If you want to start a standing trade, you must report this. You must also report the start of operation of a branch office or a dependent branch office, as well as the relocation of the business.

Formalities relating to the place of business

Formalities relating to the place of business

In addition to the requirements related to a specific service there are authorisations and/or notification obligations in other legal areas regarding the place of business which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.

Requirements particularly in the areas of construction law, public road legislation, imission control law, water and waste law, listed building regulations and forest law should be taken into account.

Formalities relating to the employment of workers

Formalities relating to the employment of workers

If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.

If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.

Tax related formalities

Tax related formalities

For taking-up and pursuit of a service please also consider the following tax related formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:

  • Freelance activity; notification of the opening of a business

    The commencement of a freelance activity must be reported directly to the responsible tax office without any formalities. In addition, you must provide the responsible tax office with further information on the legal and factual circumstances relevant for taxation.

Personal formalities

Personal formalities

We would also like to inform you about the following personal formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:

  • Residence; Registration

    If you move into an apartment, you must register with the responsible registration office (municipality, city or administrative community) within two weeks.

  • National visa; application and extension

    Foreign nationals subject to visa requirements require a national visa for entry for longer stays (over 90 days) or stays leading to the taking up of gainful employment.

Characteristics and key concepts of the service

This service includes the manufacture of incandescent lamps and fluorescent tubes and parts thereof (except glass blanks for luminaires), as well as the manufacture of luminaires and parts thereof (except current-carrying electrical wiring devices).

This service includes:

  • Manufacture of discharge lamps, incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps, ultraviolet lamps, infrared lamps and other lamps and luminaires
  • Manufacture of ceiling and wall light fixtures
  • Manufacture of chandeliers
  • Manufacture of desktop luminaires
  • Manufacture of torches
  • Manufacture of Christmas-tree lighting chains
  • Manufacture of electric fireplaces
  • Manufacture of flashguns
  • Manufacture of electrical insect trap lamps
  • Manufacture of floodlights
  • Manufacture of street lighting (except traffic lights)
  • Manufacture of automotive lighting (e.g. for motor vehicles, airplanes, ships)
  • Manufacture of illuminated advertising signs, illuminated signposts, illuminated name-plates and the like
  • Manufacture of lanterns (e.g. carbide, gas, gasoline, petroleum and electrical lanterns)
  • Manufacture of non-electrical lamps and lighting fixtures


  • Außenbeleuchtung, H.
  • Baustellenleuchten, H.
  • Befeuerungsleuchten für Straßen-, Wasser- und Luftverkehr, elektrische , H.
  • Beleuchtungseinrichtungen, elektrische, für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Beleuchtungskörper , H.
  • Beleuchtungssysteme, H.
  • Beleuchtungszubehör, H.
  • Blinkleuchten für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Blitzlichtlampen, H.
  • Blitzwürfel und -lampen, H.
  • Bogenlampen, H.
  • Bremsen, elektromagnetische, H.
  • Bremsleuchten für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Brenner für Lampen, H.
  • Büroleuchten, H.
  • Campingleuchten, H.
  • Christbaumketten (Lichterketten), elektrische, H.
  • Deckenleuchten, H.
  • Dekorationsketten (Lichterketten), elektrische, H.
  • Dynamoleuchten, tragbare, H.
  • Dynamos für Fahrräder, H.
  • Elektroleuchten, H.
  • Elektronenblitzlampen (Fotoblitzlampen), H.
  • Energiesparlampen, H.
  • Entladungslampen, elektrische, H.
  • Fernlichtscheinwerfer für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Film- und Fotoscheinwerfer, H.
  • Flutlicht (Außenbeleuchtung für Sportplätze usw.), H.
  • Fotoblitzlampen, H.
  • Gasleuchten, H.
  • Glühlampen, H.
  • Halogen-Glühlampen, H.
  • Infrarotlampen, H.
  • Kompaktleuchtstofflampen, H.
  • Kraftfahrzeugbeleuchtungseinrichtungen, H.
  • Kronleuchter, H.
  • Lampen, elektrische, H.
  • Lampenschirme aus Papier u. Pappe, H.
  • Lampenschirme aus Papier und Pappe, H
  • Lampenschirme aus Papier und Pappe, H.
  • Lampensockel, H.
  • Laternen (Beleuchtungseinrichtungen), H.
  • Leuchtband-Blinkwarngürtel, H.
  • Leuchtbrillen, H.
  • Leuchten , H.
  • Leuchten für Fahrzeuge, H.
  • Leuchtschilder , H.
  • Leuchtschilder für Fahrzeuge (Taxis, Polizeiautos), H.
  • Leuchtschilder für Fahrzeuge (z.B. Taxischilder), H.
  • Leuchtstofflampen für Netzspannung, H.
  • Lichterketten, elektrische, H.
  • Lichtreklameschilder, H.
  • Lichtwurflampen, H.
  • Lüster, H.
  • Nachttischleuchten, H.
  • Namensschilder, beleuchtete, H.
  • Nebelscheinwerfer für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Neonröhren, H.
  • Notbeleuchtung, H.
  • Öllampen, H.
  • Operationsleuchten, H.
  • Petroleumlampen, H.
  • Reklameleuchten , H.
  • Reklameleuchten, elektrische, H.
  • Röhren (Leuchtröhren), H.
  • Rückfahrleuchten für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Rundumblinkleuchten für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Scheinwerfer (elektrische Ausrüstungen für Fahrzeuge), H.
  • Scheinwerfer (elektrische Leuchten), H.
  • Schilder- und Lichtreklameherstellerin; Schilderherstellerin
  • Schreibtischleuchten, H.
  • Signalleuchten für Straßen-, Wasser- und Luftverkehr, elektrische , H.
  • Sportplatzleuchten, H.
  • Standlichtleuchten für Kraftfahrzeuge, H.
  • Stehleuchten, H.
  • Straßenbeleuchtung, H.
  • Straßenlaternen, H.
  • Straßenleuchten, H.
  • Stromschienen für elektrische Leuchten, H.
  • Studioleuchten (Foto- und Filmleuchten), H.
  • Sturmlaternen, H.
  • Taschenleuchten, H.
  • Tischleuchten, H.
  • Ultraviolettlampen, H.
  • Unterwasserleuchten, elektrische, H.
  • Verkehrszeichen, beleuchtete, H.
  • Wandleuchten, H.
  • Weihnachtsbaumbeleuchtung, elektrische, H.
  • Werbeleuchten , H.
  • Wohnraumleuchten, elektrische, H.