Manufacture of other electrical equipment and appliances not elsewhere classified (27.90.0.00)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Formalities according to the Services Directive
For taking-up and pursuit of a service the follwoing specific service-related formalities (authorisations and notifications) must always be obeyed:
Skilled crafts and trades; Establishing the requirement for registration of the skilled craft or trade
Your venture may be liable to a permit under trade law or a notification. To allow the Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades to decide whether or not your venture requires an application for registration in the Register of Craftsmen and/or merely a notification, please start by completing the information sheet on the circumstances of your enterprise (see “Forms”). The competent Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades will contact you after investigating the information provided.
If you want to start a standing trade, you must report this. You must also report the start of operation of a branch office or a dependent branch office, as well as the relocation of the business.
Formalities relating to the place of business
In addition to the requirements related to a specific service there are authorisations and/or notification obligations in other legal areas regarding the place of business which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.
Requirements particularly in the areas of construction law, public road legislation, imission control law, water and waste law, listed building regulations and forest law should be taken into account.
If you want to use county, municipal or local thoroughfares of county, state or federal roads ("Ortsdurchfahrtsstraßen") not only for traffic purposes, but also for your own interests or commercial activities, you need a special use permit for this.
The construction and operation as well as the substantial modification of certain industrial plants, which may cause harmful effects on the environment, require a permit under immission control law. The types of facilities concerned are listed exhaustively in the Ordinance on Facilities Requiring a Permit (4. BImSchV).
An official permit is required for any impact on a water body that is not only of completely minor importance.
In Bavaria, the counties and independent cities are generally responsible for waste disposal. They offer information on waste disposal for citizens and businesses.
Protection of historical monuments; application for permission to carry out measures on historical monuments and archaeological sites
If you want to carry out measures on architectural or ground monuments or in the vicinity of such monuments, you will in many cases require permits in accordance with the Monument Protection Act (DSchG).
The public supply of drinking water to households is provided by the municipalities or special-purpose associations (water supply companies).
Wastewater disposal is the responsibility of the municipalities and cities or municipal wastewater associations.
Formalities relating to the employment of workers
If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.
As an employer, you must register your employees for social insurance. To do this, you need a company number.
If you start a business, become self-employed or freelance, you usually have to register it with the accident insurance company.
Employees who are compulsorily insured under the statutory social insurance scheme must be reported to the competent health insurance fund as the collecting agency.
The employer must withhold and pay the wage tax.
When posting employees to Germany, the Employee Posting Act must be observed. This law obliges both employers based in Germany and employers based abroad who employ workers in Germany to comply with statutory and, in certain sectors, collectively agreed working conditions. In addition, employers are subject to further obligations.
Employers are obliged to fill a certain number of jobs with severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. A compensatory levy must be paid for each unfilled mandatory position.
Tax related formalities
For taking-up and pursuit of a service please also consider the following tax related formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
The commencement of a freelance activity must be reported directly to the competent tax office without any formalities. The responsible tax office is informed by the respective municipality about the registration of a business. In addition, you must provide the competent tax office with further information on the legal and factual circumstances relevant for taxation.
We would also like to inform you about the following personal formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
If you move into an apartment, you must register with the responsible registration office (municipality, city or administrative community) within two weeks.
Foreign nationals subject to visa requirements require a national visa for entry for longer stays (over 90 days) or stays leading to the taking up of gainful employment.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
This service includes the manufacture of a variety of different electrical appliances and apparatuses other than motors, generators, batteries and rechargeable battery packs, electrical wiring devices, lighting, and household appliances.
This service includes:
- Manufacture of battery chargers, transistorized
- Manufacture of electrically operated door opening and locking mechanisms
- Manufacture of electrical doorbells
- Manufacture of klaxons
- Manufacture of extension cables from purchased (bought-in) insulated wire
- Manufacture of ultrasound cleaning devices (except for dental and other laboratories)
- Manufacture of semiconductor inverters, rectifiers, fuel cells, regulated and unregulated power supply units
- Manufacture of uninterrupted power supplies (UPS)
- Manufacture of overvoltage arresters (surge protectors) (except for distribution grid voltages)
- Manufacture of device connection cables, extension cables, and other electric wire sets made from insulated wires and connections
- Manufacture of carbon and graphite electrodes, contacts, and other products made of carbon and graphite for electrical applications
- Manufacture of particle accelerators
- Manufacture of electrical capacitors, resistors, and similar components
- Manufacture of solenoids for electrical applications
- Manufacture of electronic display boards
- Manufacture of electrical signs and signposts
- Manufacture of electrical traffic signaling, traffic safety, traffic monitoring, and traffic control equipment for railway tracks, roads, inland waterways, parking lots or parking decks, harbor facilities or airports, e.g. traffic lights
- Manufacture of electrical insulators and insulating components (other than those made of glass or ceramics), insulating pipes (conduits) and insulating components made of base metals
- Manufacture of electrical soldering and welding equipment, including hand-operated soldering irons
- Alarmanlagen, elektrische , H.
- Ampelanlagen (Verkehrssignal- und -sicherungsgeräte), H.
- Biometrische Zutrittskontrollsysteme, H.
- Daten- und Steuerkabel, H.
- Diodengleichrichter, H.
- Elektroden (Graphit- und Kohleelektroden), H.
- Elektrokohlen, H.
- Elektrolysegeräte, H.
- Elektrophoresegeräte für die Oberflächenveredlung, H.
- Elektrorohre (Isolierrohre), H.
- Elektroschweiß- und -lötgeräte, H.
- Entfettungsbäder, elektrolytisch, elektrophoretisch, galvanisch arbeitend, H.
- Fahrraddynamos, H.
- Farbfernsehgeneratoren, H.
- Festkondensatoren, H.
- Funkenerosionsgeräte (Elektroschweißgeräte zum Metallschweißen), H.
- Gasgeneratoren, elektrolytische, H.
- Generatoren (Signal- und Tachogeneratoren), H.
- Gleichrichterdioden, H.
- Glühkathodenröhren, H.
- Gongs (elektrische Türgongs), H.
- Graphitelektroden, H.
- Heizwiderstände (Teile für Maschinen, Apparate und Geräte, z.B. in Form von Stäben und Stangen aus Kohle oder Graphit), H.
- Hör- oder Sichtsignaleinrichtungen, elektrische, nicht für Fahrzeuge, H.
- Impulsgeneratoren, H.
- Infrarotfernbedienungen, H.
- Isolierrohre mit Innenisolierung, H.
- Isolierteile , H.
- Kohlebürsten für Generatoren, Motoren usw., als Stromabnehmer, H.
- Kohleelektroden, H.
- Kohleerzeugnisse, elektrotechnische, H.
- Kupplungen, elektromagnetische, H.
- Lackieranlagen (elektrophoretische Tauchlackieranlagen), H.
- Läutwerke, H.
- Leistungskondensatoren, H.
- Leuchtdiodenanzeigen, H.
- Leucht-Laufschriftgeräte, H.
- Lötmaschinen, -apparate und -geräte, elektrische, H.
- Messsender, H.
- Metallentfettungs- und -reinigungsbäder, elektrophoretisch, galvanisch arbeitend, H.
- Metallsuchgeräte, H.
- Minensuchgeräte, H.
- Nachhallgeräte, H.
- Oszillatoren, Maschinen mit eigener Funktion, H.
- Rauchmelder, H.
- Schilder- und Lichtreklameherstellerin; Schilderherstellerin
- Schweißelektroden (Kohleelektroden), H.
- Schweißmaschinen, -apparate und -geräte, elektrische, H.
- Schweißtechnik (H. v. elektrischen Schweiß- und Lötgeräten)
- Sichtsignaleinrichtungen, elektrische, nicht für Fahrzeuge, H.
- Signalgeber, H.
- Stabelektroden (Kohleelektroden), H.
- Stellwiderstände, H.
- Tachogeneratoren, H.
- Tonmisch-, -schnitt- und -effektgeräte, H.
- Türzutrittssysteme, biometrisch, H.
- Überspannungsableiter, H.
- Ultraschall-Schwinggeräte , H.
- Ultraviolett-Bestrahlungsgeräte für technische Zwecke, H.
- Verkehrsampeln für Straßenfahrzeuge und Fußgänger, H.
- Viehbetäubungsanlagen, elektrische, H.
- Wasserstoffgeneratoren, elektrolytische, H.
- Widerstände, H.
- Zentrierungen, Teile für elektrische Widerstände, H.
- Zugortungssysteme, H.
- Zutrittskontrollsysteme, biometrisch, H.