Wholesale of waste and scrap (46.77.0.00)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Formalities according to the Services Directive
For taking-up and pursuit of a service the follwoing specific service-related formalities (authorisations and notifications) must always be obeyed:
If you want to start a standing trade, you must report this. You must also report the start of operation of a branch office or a dependent branch office, as well as the relocation of the business.
Some administrative procedures require the provision of a certificate of good conduct. Non-EU citizens may be required to provide comparable proof.
Some administrative procedures require the provision of an extract from the commercial register. Non-EU citizens may be required to provide comparable proof from their home country.
Formalities relating to the employment of workers
If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.
When posting employees to Germany, the Employee Posting Act must be observed.
Tax related formalities
For taking-up and pursuit of a service please also consider the following tax related formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
For service providers who operate across borders without a branch in Germany, there are various special responsibilities and special regulations depending on the tax liability, activity or type of tax.
We would also like to inform you about the following personal formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
Contract for work and services procedure; application for consent to employ foreign workers under contracts for work and services
If you, as a foreign employer, wish to send foreign workers to Germany under government agreements to perform work contracts, the Federal Employment Agency must first give its approval.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
This service includes:
- Wholesale of scrap metal and other salvage and recyclables for recovery, including collecting, sorting, separating, stripping-down used goods, such as e.g. motor vehicles, data processing equipment, television sets and other devices, for the recovery of reusable parts, packaging and repackaging, warehousing and delivery, but without any actual further processing operations. In this case, the salvage bought and sold has a salvage value.
- Altkleider, Gh.
- Altmaterialien und Reststoffen, Gh.
- Altöl, Gh.
- Altpapier, Gh.
- Altpapiersammlung (Sammeln von Altpapier mit anschließendem Verkauf auf der Großhandelsstufe)
- Altreifen, Gh.
- Altschrott, Gh.
- Ankauf und Verkauf von Altmetall (Gh.)
- Aschen (Schrott aus Eisen, Stahl- oder NE-Metallen), Gh.
- Edelmetallschrott, Gh.
- Eisenschrott, Gh.
- Flaschen, gebrauchte (Altmaterialien), Gh.
- Glasbruch, Gh.
- Hackschnitzel (Sägewerksabfall), Gh.
- Lumpen, Gh.
- Lungen (Abfälle), Gh.
- Mägen (Abfälle), Gh.
- Metallschrott, Gh.
- NE-Metallschrott, Gh.
- Papierreststoffe, Gh.
- Schlachtabfälle, Gh.
- Schrott aus Eisen, Stahl und NE-Metallen, Gh.
- Schrotthandel (Gh.)
- Sortieren von Altpapier (mit anschließendem Verkauf auf der Großhandelsstufe)
- Stahlschrott, Gh.