Research and experimental development on biotechnology (72.11.0.00)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Formalities according to the Services Directive
For taking-up and pursuit of a service the follwoing specific service-related formalities (authorisations and notifications) must always be obeyed:
Genetic engineering work may only be carried out in genetic engineering facilities. Genetic engineering law provides for notification, notification and approval procedures.
The following authorisations and notifications may be required:
If you want to start a standing trade, you must report this. You must also report the start of operation of a branch office or a dependent branch office, as well as the relocation of the business.
Formalities relating to the place of business
In addition to the requirements related to a specific service there are authorisations and/or notification obligations in other legal areas regarding the place of business which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.
Requirements particularly in the areas of construction law, public road legislation, imission control law, water and waste law, listed building regulations and forest law should be taken into account.
The construction, operation and significant modification of certain industrial plants that may have a harmful impact on the environment require a permit under immission control legislation.
If you wish to use municipal or local thoroughfares of district, state or federal roads not only for traffic purposes, but also for your own interests or commercial activities, you require a special use permit.
An official permit is required for any impact on a water body that is not only of completely minor importance.
In Bavaria, the counties and independent cities are generally responsible for waste disposal. They offer information on waste disposal for citizens and businesses.
If you want to carry out measures on architectural or ground monuments or in the vicinity of such monuments, you will in many cases require permits in accordance with the German Monument Protection Act (DSchG).
The public supply of drinking water to households as a service of general interest is provided by the municipalities, municipal utilities (water supply companies) or municipal special-purpose associations.
Wastewater disposal; implementation
This formality description is currently being revised.
Formalities relating to the employment of workers
If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.
As an employer, you must register your employees who are subject to social insurance contributions. You will need a company number for this.
If you start a business, become self-employed or freelance, you must register this with the statutory accident insurance.
As an employer, you are required to register your employees with the social security system.
The employer must withhold and pay the wage tax.
When posting employees to Germany, the Employee Posting Act must be observed.
Employers are obliged to fill a certain number of jobs with severely disabled persons or persons with equivalent status. A compensatory levy must be paid for each unfilled mandatory position.
Tax related formalities
For taking-up and pursuit of a service please also consider the following tax related formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
If you start a business, take an interest in a business or become self-employed, you must inform the tax office.
We would also like to inform you about the following personal formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
When you move into an apartment, you must register with the relevant registration office (municipality, city or administrative community) within two weeks.
For entry for longer-term stays (over 90 days) or stays leading to gainful employment, foreigners requiring a visa need a national visa.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
This service includes research and development in the field of biotechnology:
- DNA/RNA: Genomics, pharmacogenetics, gene probes, genetic engineering, DNA/RNA sequencing/synthesis/amplification, gene expression profiling, and the use of antisense technology
- Proteins and other molecules: Sequencing, synthesis and transformation of proteins and peptides (including high-molecular-weight hormones); improved pharmaceutical forms for high-molecular-weight active substances; proteomics, protein isolation and cleaning, signal generation, identification of cell receptors
- Cell and tissue culture engineering, as well as tissue engineering: Cell and tissue culture engineering, tissue engineering (including tissue scaffolds and biomedical procedures), cell fusion, vaccines and immune stimulants, embryo cultivation
- Biotechnology methods: Fermentations in bioreactors, bio-processes, biological bleaching, biological pulping, biological leaching, biological desulfurization, biological environmental rehabilitation, and biological filtration
- Subcellular organisms: Gene therapy, viral vectors
- Bioinformatics: Creation of databases with genomes or protein sequences; modeling of complex biological processes, including system biology
- Nanobiotechnology: Application of nano- and microsystems engineering tools and methods to obtain aids for the research of biological systems and applications for drug delivery, diagnostics, etc.
- Biologische Forschung (F + E i. Bereich Biotechnologie)
- Blaue-Liste-Forschungseinrichtungen im Bereich Biotechnologie
- Chemische Forschung im Bereich Biotechnologie
- Entwicklungen im Bereich biomedizinische Technik
- Entwicklungen im Bereich Biotechnologie
- Experimentelle Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie des Umweltbereichs
- Experimentelle Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie von Ingenieurwissenschaften
- Experimentelle Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie von Medizin
- Experimentelle Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie von Naturwissenschaften
- Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie des Umweltbereiches
- Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie) Naturwissenschaften und Mathematik
- Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie von Agrar-, Forst- und Ernährungswissenschaften
- Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie von Ingenieurwissenschaften
- Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie von Medizin
- Forstwissenschaftliche Forschung im Bereich Biotechnologie
- Fraunhofer-Forschungseinrichtungen im Bereich Biotechnologie des Umweltbereiches
- Fraunhofer-Forschungseinrichtungen im Bereich Biotechnologie von Agrar-, Forst- und Ernährungswissenschaften
- Fraunhofer-Forschungseinrichtungen im Bereich Biotechnologie von Ingenieurwissenschaften
- Fraunhofer-Forschungseinrichtungen im Bereich Biotechnologie von Medizin
- Fraunhofer-Forschungseinrichtungen im Bereich Biotechnologie von Naturwissenschaften und Mathematik
- gentechnische Forschung
- Materialforschung (naturwissenschaftliche Forschung)