Building of ships and floating structures (excl. boat and yacht building) (30.11.0.00)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Formalities according to the Services Directive
For taking-up and pursuit of a service the follwoing specific service-related formalities (authorisations and notifications) must always be obeyed:
Your venture may be liable to a permit under trade law or a notification. To allow the Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades to decide whether or not your venture requires an application for registration in the Register of Craftsmen and/or merely a notification, please start by completing the information sheet on the circumstances of your enterprise (see “Forms”). The competent Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades will contact you after investigating the information provided.
If you want to start a standing trade, you must report this. You must also report the start of operation of a branch office or a dependent branch office, as well as the relocation of the business.
Formalities relating to the employment of workers
If you would like to hire an employee you need to proceed with the following steps. These formalities CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact.If the employment is terminated you also have to inform the authorities where the employee has been registered.
When posting employees to Germany, the Employee Posting Act must be observed.
Tax related formalities
For taking-up and pursuit of a service please also consider the following tax related formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
For service providers who operate across borders without a branch in Germany, there are various special responsibilities and special regulations depending on the tax liability, activity or type of tax.
We would also like to inform you about the following personal formalities which CANNOT be processed through the Point of Single Contact:
Contract for work and services procedure; application for consent to employ foreign workers under contracts for work and services
If you, as a foreign employer, wish to send foreign workers to Germany under government agreements to perform work contracts, the Federal Employment Agency must first give its approval.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
This service includes the building of ships, other than boats and yachts for sports and recreational purposes, and of floating structures:
This service includes:
- Building of ships for the transport of persons and goods:
- Passenger ships, ferries, cargo ships, tankers, tankers and pushing boats, etc.
- Building of navy ships (warships)
- Building of fishing vessels and fish-processing factory vessels
- Building of hovercraft (other than hovercraft for recreational purposes)
- Building of governmental vessels: Police and firefighting vessels and the like
- Building of sea rescue vessels and the like
- Building of floating or submersible drilling or extraction rigs
- Building of floating devices:
- Floating docks, pontons, cofferdams, floating jetties, buoys, swimming tanks, barges, lighters, floating cranes, firefighting vessels, inflatable rafts, not for recreational purposes, etc.
- Manufacture of ship segments and hulls
- Factory overhaul, retrofitting and extension of vessels
- Arbeitsschiffe, H.
- Ausstattung von Schiffen
- Behördenschiffe, H.
- Bergungsschiffe, H.
- Binnenmotorschiffe, H.
- Bohrinseln, H.
- Bohrplattformen, H.
- Boots- und Schiffbauerin; Bootsbauerin
- Containerschiffe, H.
- Docks (Schwimmdocks), H.
- Eisbrecher (Wasserfahrzeuge), H.
- Fahrgastschiffe, H.
- Fährschiffe, H.
- Festmachetonnen, H.
- Feuerlöschboote, H.
- Feuerschiffe, H.
- Fischereifahrzeuge, H.
- Forschungsschiffe, H.
- Frachtschiffe, H.
- Getreideheber, schwimmende, H.
- Hafenschiffe, H.
- Hochseeschiffe, H.
- Hotelschiffe, H.
- Kofferdämme, H.
- Kohlenheber, schwimmende, H.
- Kreuzfahrtschiffe, H.
- Kriegsschiffe, H.
- Kühlschiffe, H.
- Landungsbrücken, schwimmende, H.
- Lotsenschiffe, H.
- Luftkissenboote, H.
- Polizeischiffe, H.
- Pontons, H.
- Rettungsinseln, H.
- Rettungsschiffe, H.
- Ro-Ro-Schiffe, H.
- Schiffbau , H.
- Schiffsanstreicherei, H.
- Schiffsausstattung; spezialisierte Installation in Schiffen
- Schiffssegmente, H.
- Schlepper (Wasserfahrzeuge), H.
- Schreinereien (H.v. Sitzmöbeln für Schiffe)
- Schuten (Wasserfahrzeuge), H.
- Schwimmkräne und -bagger, H.
- Schwimmtanks, H.
- Seenotkreuzer, H.
- Sitzmöbel für Schiffe , H.
- Tankschiffe, H.
- Umbau von Schiffen
- Wasserfahrzeuge , H.
- Zollkreuzer, H.