This service includes the production of ready-to-serve (i.e. prepared, seasoned and (pre-) cooked) meals. These meals are preserved by processing such as deep-freezing or packaging in cans. These meals are packaged and labeled for resale, i.e. this category does not include the preparation of meals for immediate consumption. To be classified as meals, these preparations have to consist of a minimum of two (2) ingredients (not counting any spices, etc.).
This service includes:
- Manufacture of meat-based ready-to-serve meals (including poultry)
- Manufacture of fish-based ready-to-serve meals including fish with french-fried potatoes ("fish and chips")
- Manufacture of vegetable-based ready-to-serve meals
- Manufacture of frozen pizzas or pizzas preserved by other means
- Manufacture of prepared meals and dishes of the regional or national cuisine