Prostitutes; perception of a health consultation
If you wish to work as a prostitute or prostitute, you must attend a health consultation at the health office before registering.
§ Section 10 of the Act on the Protection of Persons Engaged in Prostitution (Prostituted Persons Protection Act - ProstSchG) provides for health counseling by an authority responsible for the public health service (ÖGD) for persons who are active as prostitutes or who wish to engage in such activity. In Bavaria, these are the health offices at the respective district administrative authorities. The health advice is adapted to the personal life situation of the person being advised and should in particular address questions of
- the prevention of disease,
- the regulation of conception
- pregnancy and
- and the risks of alcohol and drug use.
and drug use.
The health consultation is confidential. Third parties may be consulted only with mutual consent and only for the purpose of interpretation / language mediation.
The competent authority (public health department) issues a certificate after the counseling with the following information:
- First name and surname of the counseled person,
- date of birth of the counseled person,
- issuing office of the ÖGD and
- date of the health consultation.
The certificate of health counselling
- can be issued on alias upon request (the prerequisite for this is an existing alias certificate. The alias certificate will only be issued in the registration procedure, for which a certificate according to § 10 ProstSchG is a prerequisite. Consequence: The certificate of health consultation must always be issued in the real first name and surname for the first consultation, for subsequent certificates alias may then be considered),
- is valid in the whole federal territory
- is to be carried by the prostitute or prostitute when performing the activity.
The certificate of health consultation is a prerequisite for registering the activity as a prostitute or prostitute.
A prerequisite for obtaining the certificate of health counseling is participation in an appropriate counseling session.
Health advice is provided by the ÖGD in the district administrative authorities (state and municipal health offices).
Locally responsible is the public health office in whose area of responsibility falls the place where you intend to carry out your main activity as a prostitute or as a prostitute, insofar as prostitution is permitted there. In municipalities with less than 30,000 inhabitants, as well as in individual other larger municipalities, there is a complete ban on prostitution by legal decree. Therefore, only health offices in whose district there is a municipality with at least 30,000 inhabitants in which prostitution is not completely prohibited by a local prohibition ordinance are responsible.
If necessary, individual health offices have a separate consultation hour with a separate appointment for the health consultation.
The health consultation must take place before the first registration of the activity and, in the case of
- prostitutes aged 21 and over at least every twelve months, and for prostitutes
- prostitutes under 21 years of age at least every six months.
The certificate of health consultation can be used for three months for the first registration of the activity as a prostitute or as a prostitute (§ 4 para. 3 sentence 1 ProstSchG).
The health consultation usually lasts about an hour. The certificate is issued afterwards.
Identity card, passport, substitute passport or substitute identity card
alias certificate, if applicable
- The health consultation including the issuance of a certificate of health consultation costs 35.00 EUR.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited