Business registration; business registration by EU citizens

If you want to start a standing trade, you must report this. You must also report the start of operation of a branch office or a dependent branch office, as well as the relocation of the business.



Age of majority or approval of the guardianship court


The notification must be made before the start of the commercial activity.

Required documents

  • Identity card or passport (copy)

  • For legal entities: Excerpt from the commercial register or comparable registration documents from abroad (including a certified translation into the German language)

  • For BGB companies: Articles of association

  • For limited liability companies in the course of incorporation: a certified copy of the notarized memorandum of association and a power of attorney by the incorporators stating that the commercial activities will be commenced even prior to the limited liability company's registration in the commercial register.

  • For trades or businesses requiring special supervision: Certificate of good conduct and extract from the Central Register of Trade and Industrial Offenses (if necessary, the written certificates of reliability may be replaced by an affidavit or similar acts)

  • Foreign nationals: Written certificates of reliability issued by the country of origin, as a certified copy and with a certified translation to the German language

    (E.g. official certificate of good conduct, certificate of good character, or extract from the police records (criminal records) by the home country or an equivalent official document and an extract from the Central Register of Trade and Industrial Offenses by the home country)

  • Minors: Power of attorney or permit by the guardianship court

  • Authorization: Written power of attorney and the ID cards of both the grantor of the power of attorney and the grantee of the power of attorney



  • 25 to 100 EUR according to the Schedule of Costs (5.III.5/2.) to the Cost Act


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.