Sundays and public holidays; application for exemption from the prohibitions of the Public Holidays Act
On Sundays and public holidays, publicly noticeable work that is likely to interfere with public holidays is prohibited, unless otherwise stipulated by law. The municipalities may grant exemptions from this.
The requirements for granting an exemption from the prohibitions of the Public Holidays Act are in particular
- It must be an individual case. General exemptions are not permitted.
- Particular hardship in individual cases must be avoided.
There must be no risk of the protection of public holidays being undermined.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- Fees of between 15 and 125 euros are charged for exemptions from the prohibitions of the Public Holidays Act.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited