Social security; registration of employees

Employees who are compulsorily insured under the statutory social insurance scheme must be reported to the competent health insurance fund as the collecting agency.


As soon as you employ workers, you must register for social insurance at the start of the employment relationship. The statutory health insurance funds (collection agencies) have been assigned the task of collecting the total social insurance contribution and forwarding it to the responsible agencies. In the case of marginal employment, the responsible collection agency is the German Pension Insurance Knappschaft-Bahn-See. Both employee and employer must pay a share for social insurance.

The registration for social insurance includes

  • health insurance,
  • nursing care insurance,
  • pension insurance and
  • unemployment insurance.

The registration must be made in particular for employees who are insured by law in the health insurance, nursing care insurance, pension insurance or according to the law of employment promotion.

Status: 25.08.2022

Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.