Wine tavern; advertisement
If you want to operate a wine tavern, you must notify the relevant municipality at least two weeks before the start of operations.
In principle, you need a restaurant permit in accordance with § 2 para. 1 of the German Restaurant Act (GastG) in order to operate a restaurant business serving alcohol.
However, the serving of self-produced wine or self-produced cider is privileged under certain conditions and only requires notification to the municipality (§§ 4 ff. Bavarian Restaurant Ordinance - BayGastV).
Only the serving of self-produced wine or self-produced cider for the duration of four consecutive months or in two consecutive periods of a total of four months per year is possible without a permit.
In particular, you must still observe the following requirements
- Only wine or cider made from fruit produced on the farm may be served.
- The serving of wine in a wine tavern is only permitted in rooms located in the municipality of the producer.
- The serving of wine in a wine tavern may not take place in rooms that have been rented specifically for this purpose.
- A wine tavern may not be combined with another tavern or restaurant.
- The number of seats in a tavern must not exceed 40.
- Only cold and simply prepared hot meals may be served in a Straußwirtschaft.
- It is not permitted to serve bottled beer, non-alcoholic beverages that are not served by the proprietor of the tavern, or tobacco and confectionery products for sale on the street.
Only the serving of self-produced wine or self-produced cider is privileged. If you also want to serve other alcoholic beverages, you need a restaurant license. The same applies if you want to operate the business for longer than a maximum of four months a year.
You must notify the responsible municipality of the Straußwirtschaft at least two weeks prior to the start of operation, stating the following
- The period during which the serving is to take place,
- the place where the fruit used for the wine or cider was pressed and where the wine was vinified,
- the premises intended for the operation of the wine tavern.
Important instructions for service providers
- Falls Sie selbst erzeugten Wein in Ihren Räumen saisonal ausschenken möchten, kann statt der Gaststättenerlaubnis eine Anzeige der Straußenwirtschaft in Betracht kommen.
No doubts about reliability.
The notification must be made two weeks before the start of the operation in each case.
valid identity card or passport
Detailed information for Straußwirtschaft
the period during which the wine is to be served, - the place where the fruit used for the wine or cider was pressed and where the wine was vinified, - the premises intended for the operation of the wine cellar.
in the case of a power of attorney: a written power of attorney and identification of the grantor of the power of attorney and the authorized representative
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited