Private experts in water management are approved by recognition of the Bavarian State Office for the Environment.
The recognition of Private Experts in Water Management (PSW) is granted upon application by the Bavarian State Office for the Environment (LfU).
Recognition as a private expert in water management can be granted for the following PSW fields of activity:
- Thermal utilization (open systems)
Preparation of expert opinions in the procedure for granting a permit with fictitious approval according to Art. 70 Para. 1 No. 1 Half Sentence 1 Bavarian Water Act (BayWG), including expert opinions for the granting of a building inspection according to Art. 61 BayWG for these plants.
- Thermal utilization (closed systems)
Preparation of expert opinions in the procedure for granting a permit with fictitious approval according to Art. 70 Para. 1 No. 1 Half Sentence 2 BayWG, including the expert opinions for granting a building inspection according to Art. 61 BayWG for these systems
- Small wastewater treatment plants
a) Preparation of expert opinions in the procedure for granting a permit with fictitious approval according to Art. 70 Para. 1 No. 2 BayWG, including the expert opinions for granting a building inspection according to Art. 61 BayWG for these plants,
b) Preparation of certificates according to Art. 60 BayWG
- Construction acceptance
Preparation of confirmations according to Art. 61 BayWG in the procedure for construction acceptance
- Snowmaking facilities
Preparation of expert opinions in the procedure for granting a permit for snowmaking facilities according to Art. 35 BayWG
- Technical water supervision for wastewater plants (tGewA Abwasseranlagen)
Carrying out inspections, measurements, examinations and tests in accordance with Art. 58 Para. 1 Sentence 5 Annex 2 BayWG
Implementation of self-monitoring for water supply and wastewater facilities
- Property drainage systems
Inspection of property drainage systems and property connections
- List of parties involved
List of parties involved in the determination of cost contributions for the maintenance and development of water bodies
Recognition for individual specialist areas may be restricted if this is necessary on the basis of the qualification certificates submitted. This applies in particular to specialist areas with a wide range of tasks, e.g. self-monitoring and construction acceptance.
Section 3 of the Ordinance on Water Experts (VPSW) specifies the requirements for recognition as a PSW. In particular, only persons who are reliable and meet the personal and professional requirements can be recognized.
The personal requirements are fulfilled in particular by
- has sufficient liability insurance with a minimum sum insured of one and a half million euros, in the case of the restriction of the scope of application to § 1 No. 3 of five hundred thousand euros, lump sum for personal injury, property damage, water damage and financial loss per insured event with at least double maximization in the insurance year and
- is not in a professional, financial or other relationship of dependence which could influence his expert activities and
- does not work as a civil servant or employee of the Free State of Bavaria or another public corporation or a company in which such a corporation holds at least a majority interest.
The professional requirements are met by persons who, at the time of recognition
- have successfully completed a bachelor's, master's or diploma degree course in a field of study relevant to the recognition applied for at a domestic university or university of applied sciences and can provide evidence of at least 3 years of qualified professional experience in the area of recognition applied for within the last five years, or
- can provide evidence of a foreign educational qualification in accordance with Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 07.09.2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications.
A command of the German language, both written and spoken.
As a first step, a short telephone consultation is provided.
You can reach the State Office for the Environment at 09281/1800-4952 or 0821/9071-5522 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
You will need Internet access for the consultation. You will receive access to the application forms during the consultation. After the application has been submitted or the documents have been sent to the recognition office for PSW (State Office for the Environment, Department 96), the personal and professional requirements, which are proven by the applicant by means of the documents to be submitted, are checked. In addition, there is usually a technical interview and recognition seminars (general and technical part) must be attended.
The activity as PSW for the recognition area "tGewA wastewater plants" is bound to the approval according to the laboratory regulation for the area "Sampling and general parameters". For this purpose, participation in a competence assessment event is required as part of the recognition process.
For technicians and master craftsmen, an exceptional procedure is possible in addition to the regular recognition procedure (university degree). Detailed information will be provided in a counseling interview.
There are no deadlines to meet for the application.
Please note, however, that at the time of recognition you must not have attended the recognition seminar more than 2 years ago. We recommend that you attend the recognition seminar only after the professional examination of your professional experience.
The processing time is usually up to six months.
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- for the first area of recognition: 300.00 Euro
- for each further area of recognition: 100.00 Euro (Costs Act, Costs List Tariff No. 8.IV.0/220.127.116.11)
- Expenses for PSW stamp: 25.00 Euro
- Expenses for the determination of competence (area tGewA waste water plants) according to information
An action may be brought against a decision of recognition, rejection or revocation within one month of its notification.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz