European firearms pass; application

If you want to take your weapons within the European Union (EU) or to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, you need a European Firearms Pass.



You must have a valid permit for the acquisition and possession of the weapons (e.g. weapons possession card) to be entered in the European Firearms Pass.


You must apply for the European Firearms Pass at the competent firearms authority. Submit the application together with the required documents.

The firearms authority will issue you with the European Firearms Pass if you meet the necessary requirements.

Special notes

To help you complete the application more quickly, you can use NWR Identification Numbers (NWR ID):

  • Your PersonalNWR-ID (P- or F-NWR-ID) for the information about your person
  • the permitNWR-ID for the weapons permit (E-NWR-ID)
  • the weapons or parts of weapons NWR-ID (W- or T-NWR-ID).

You can obtain the NWR IDs on application to the relevant weapons authority.



Required documents

  • Identity card or passport (copy)

  • Weapons possession card

  • current photograph (not older than 1 year, at least 45 x 35 millimeters in size, with a light background)


  • 50,00 EUR


administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.