Handicrafts law; notification of an unlicensed handicraft or a trade similar to a handicraft

If you start a business in an unlicensed trade or a trade similar to a trade, you must notify the Chamber of Crafts and have yourself entered in a register.


You must immediately notify the Chamber of Skilled Crafts in whose district your commercial establishment is located of the operation of an admission-free craft or a craft-like trade (cf. Annex B to the Crafts Code) and have yourself entered in the register of admission-free crafts and crafts-like trades.

Upon registration in the register of crafts and crafts-like businesses that are exempt from registration, the business becomes a member of the Chamber of Crafts and is obligated to pay dues in accordance with the dues regulations of the respective Chamber of Crafts.


You do not need any special professional qualifications to be entered in the "Register of Owners of a Business in an Admission-Free Craft or Craft-Similar Trade". The entry is made upon application by the business owner to the locally competent Chamber of Crafts.


The notification must be made before the start of the business operation.

Required documents

  • Registration of a trade or business (may be submitted at a later date)
  • Copy of the proprietor's identity card or comparable identification document


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

Legal bases

Links to more information

Status: 10.06.2022

Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.