Fish labeling; application for a commercial designation
If you want to apply for a new trade name for fishery and aquaculture products, you can apply for this.
They must be operators, i.e. they must commercially market fishery or aquaculture products.
- place on the market,
- move within the Community,
- import or
Note: Fishing industry associations are not eligible to apply.
You must apply for the registration of a new trade name in writing.
- You can apply for the trade designation on the BLE website via the "Online application" link. Simply follow the instructions in the form and complete any missing information.
- You will receive notification that your application has been received. The BLE will also point out any missing information.
- The BLE will process your application and then notify you of the outcome.
- If a new trade name is recognized, the announcement will be made in the Federal Gazette.
You must submit the application no later than 6 weeks before planned use of the trade name.
The processing time is usually 6 weeks.
- Reasons why the proposed name should be given
- If applicable, images and other evidence
Antrag auf eine Handelsbezeichnung für Fischereiprodukte
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Ernährung und Landwirtschaft
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited