Engineers; entry in the register of external consulting engineers
Consulting engineers from outside Germany who are not members of a German Chamber of Engineers must notify the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers in advance of providing services for the first time and are listed in a separate directory.
Consulting engineers from other countries, i.e. those who have neither a domicile nor a branch office or predominant professional employment in Bavaria, may only use the professional title "Consulting Engineer" if they are either allowed to use the title on the basis of a regulation of a country of the Federal Republic of Germany in which they have their domicile, their branch office or predominant professional employment, or if they fulfill the material requirements for registration in the corresponding list.
Consulting engineers from outside Germany who are not members of a German Chamber of Engineers must give prior notice of the first provision of services; they are listed in a separate register. A certificate, limited to five years, is issued for the listing in the register of foreign service providers, which also entitles the holder to use the professional title. Upon application, the certificate may be extended for a maximum of five years.
The registration committee of the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers examines and decides on the entry in the register.
The right according to Art. 7 Par. 3 of Directive 2005/36/EC to use the professional title of the state of establishment remains unaffected. The professional title shall be used in such a way that no confusion with professional titles according to Art. 1 Baukammerngesetz is possible.
- Corresponding proof from the country of origin of the authorization to use the professional title
- authorization to use the professional title "engineer" (as a rule, completion of at least three years of study in a technical or scientific field is required)
- subsequent three years of professional experience
- responsible and independent practice of the profession
- For the applicant: none; prior to commencement of the activity, notification of the first performance of the service if there is no membership in a German chamber of engineers;
- for the authority: three months after receipt of the application and complete presentation of the documents two months after receipt of the application and complete presentation of the documents if the accelerated procedure for skilled workers is carried out
Evidence of the subsequent period of practice
Evidence of autonomous and independent professional practice
Certificate of good conduct
Certificate of good conduct or
in the case of nationals of a Member State of the European Union or of a State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, evidence of legal establishment in such a State and (in the case of non-regulated professions) of the relevant professional practice for two years within the preceding ten years
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited