Promotional bank; information
The development bank of the Free State of Bavaria is LfA Förderbank Bayern. It operates in the business areas of start-up, growth, innovation, energy and environment, stabilization, infrastructure and other financing (e.g. contract guarantees).
LfA's core task is to promote the economy. LfA's promotional activities focus on phases in which companies have to cope with special financing efforts. For this purpose, it offers the full range of financial services (loans, risk assumption through guarantees, indemnities and guarantees as well as equity capital). The aim is to create and secure jobs.
The LfA's customers are companies of all sizes, but because of the predominance of small and medium-sized enterprises in the Bavarian economy, the focus of its business activities is on small and medium-sized commercial enterprises. By using public and its own funds and by providing specialist know-how, LfA makes a significant contribution to compensating for the size-specific disadvantages of small and medium-sized enterprises. LfA works in close cooperation with the commercial banks and acts in a competitively neutral manner (house bank principle).
KfW is the promotional bank of the Federal Republic of Germany. It is owned by the federal government (80%) and the federal states (20%). Its diverse tasks are divided into the following areas:
- Mittelstandsbank and Private Customers: Promotion of small and medium-sized businesses, start-ups
- Individual financing and public customers: Individual financing (companies, banks as well as state development institutes), financing of municipal and social infrastructure projects
- KfW Capital: Investments in European venture capital and venture debt funds
- KfW IPEX-Bank: international export and project financing
- KfW Entwicklungsbank and DEG: Promotion of developing and emerging countries
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited