Innovation vouchers for small enterprises and craft enterprises; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria promotes research and development services for small enterprises/handicraft enterprises in the field of general technologies.
The "Innovation Vouchers" funding programme is intended to introduce small enterprises/craft enterprises to cooperation with research institutions and other enterprises/innovation partners. This is intended to strengthen their innovative capacity to meet the challenges of the future.
Funding can be provided for the planning, development and implementation of new products, production processes or services or for a significant improvement of existing products, production processes and services. The development of software is not eligible for funding.
Recipients of funding
Applications may be submitted by small commercial enterprises/handicraft enterprises or the liberal professions which employ fewer than 50 persons, whose annual turnover or annual balance sheet total does not exceed EUR 10 million and which have a permanent establishment or branch office in Bavaria, and by start-ups with their registered office in Bavaria.
Only services provided by external research and development institutions are eligible for funding.
Type and scope
The funding will be provided in the form of grants as part of project funding.
The aid intensity amounts to up to 40 percent of the eligible costs; it is increased by 10 percentage points in each case up to a maximum of 60 percent if the company is based in a "region with a special need for action", if a university or comparable non-university research institution is commissioned and in the case of micro-enterprises with fewer than 10 employees.
- Funding will not be provided for projects that have already begun before the Bavarian project management agency receives a verifiable application.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they will use an appropriate amount of their own or external funds to finance the project, which will not be financed by other public aid or subsidised.
- Cumulation with funds of the European Union or with other state aid is generally not possible.
- Firms in difficulty are not eligible for aid. This applies in particular to applicants in respect of whose assets insolvency proceedings have been applied for or opened.
- Applications for grants are to be submitted to the Project Management Agency Bavaria.
- Applications must be submitted in writing and electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management agency.
- The project management organization will review the applications in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, if necessary with the involvement of expert consultants, will issue the notification of award and will handle the administration of the funding, the processing of the proof of use and will pay out the funding.
Early contact with the project executing agency is recommended. Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the framework of the available budget funds.
The processing time is about 4 weeks.
Innovationsgutscheine - Antragsverwaltungssystem
You must register in order to use the online application system. After sending the application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt with a file number and a PDF document in the attachment sent to your e-mail address. You must print out the PDF document, sign it and send it by post to the Project Management Agency Bavaria together with any missing documents.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited