In order to further develop the Bavarian-Czech border region into an area of the future and to set new impulses for cooperation with the Czech Republic, the commitment and innovative ideas of local actors are still needed. With the support of pioneering, cross-border projects in rural areas in the administrative districts of Lower Bavaria, Upper Palatinate and Upper Franconia, it is intended to
- create, maintain and promote equivalent living and working conditions throughout Bavaria, urban and rural (constitutional mandate according to Art. 3 Para. 2 Sentence 2),
- targeted impulses are to be set for the border region in order to recognize and utilize development potentials and to further improve strengths,
- forward-looking, tailor-made approaches to solutions by local players are supported,
- cross-border cooperation, exchange and mutual support with the Czech Republic are further strengthened and consolidated,
- bringing local people together across borders, networking them and thus creating a region of interdependence.
Object of funding
The grant is intended to support the conception, planning and implementation of forward-looking interdisciplinary projects in rural areas of the administrative districts of Lower Bavaria, Upper Palatinate or Upper Franconia that have a positive impact on the development of the Bavarian-Czech border region.
Recipients of funding
Regional authorities, associations and non-profit foundations based in the administrative districts of Lower Bavaria, Upper Palatinate or Upper Franconia are eligible to apply for and receive funding. Other legal entities under public or private law are also eligible if at least one member or shareholder is one of the local authorities listed above.
Funding is available for expenses for personnel, travel and overnight stays, hospitality at high-profile events, public relations work, external consulting and services, investments of less than 50% of the eligible expenses, and other services provided by third parties.
Type and amount
The maximum funding amount per grantee is 100,000 euros per project year. The funding rate ranges from 30% to 90%, depending on the spatial scope and project funding already received. The project can be supported for a maximum of four years. The grant is awarded as project funding by way of pro-rata financing.