Test engineer in motor vehicle monitoring organization; application for approval of entrustment.

The Government of Lower Bavaria is responsible for approving the entrustment of test engineers in motor vehicle inspection organizations.



Prerequisite for the entrustment as test engineer:

The inspection organization may entrust persons belonging to it with the performance of the main inspection (HU) and safety inspection (SP) if they are

  • are at least 23 years old
  • are mentally and physically suitable and reliable,
  • hold a driver's license for motor vehicles of all classes except classes D and D1 and are not subject to a driving ban pursuant to § 25 of the Road Traffic Act or § 44 of the Criminal Code or have had their driver's license detained, seized or confiscated pursuant to § 94 of the Code of Criminal Procedure,
  • have successfully completed a course of study in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or electrical engineering at a university located within the scope of this Ordinance or at a university or public or state-recognized technical college recognized as equivalent,
  • have participated in a training course of at least six months' duration which meets the requirements of the training and further training plan published in the Verkehrsblatt by the Federal Ministry of Digital Affairs and Transport with the approval of the supreme state authorities; the duration of the training course may be reduced to three months if proof is furnished of at least three years' full-time employment as a motor vehicle expert,
  • have proven their professional qualification by passing an examination in accordance with the provisions of §§ 2 to 14 of the Ordinance on the Implementation of the Motor Vehicle Expert Act (registration for the examination can only be made by the monitoring organization that trained them or intends to entrust them with the performance of the HU, SP and acceptance tests after they have passed the examinations),
  • are not entrusted by any other monitoring organization,
  • work full-time as a motor vehicle expert,
  • and if the competent recognition authority has given its approval (§§ 9 to 17 of the Professional Qualification Determination Act are to be applied accordingly).


The inspection organization with which the applicant is/will be employed submits an application for approval of the entrustment of the inspection engineer.


If the persons entrusted with the performance of HU or SP do not meet the recognition requirements for more than two years or do not belong to a technical inspection body or inspection organization for more than two years, training and the examination must be taken again.

Required documents

  • Curriculum vitae with photograph

  • Diploma/Bachelor's/Master's degree certificate

  • Diploma/Bachelor's/Master's degree

  • Copy of driver's license

  • Certificate of good conduct

    (not older than 6 months)

  • Information from the driver suitability register

    (not older than 6 months)

  • Audit confirmation

    (if the recognition test has already been successfully passed)

  • Employment or partnership contract

  • Confirmation of physical and mental fitness

  • Confirmation of termination, if applicable

    (only in case of a change to another monitoring organisation)

  • If applicable, letter of approval from another federal state

    (only if entrustment has already taken place in another federal state)


  • Consent to entrustment: 200,00 EUR


Administrative court proceedings; information

Administrative court action


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.