Day care centers for children; application for operating license
Sponsors of a child day care facility require an operating permit.
The permit requirement exists in principle for all day care facilities in which children are cared for all day or for part of the day.
Daycare facilities requiring a permit include:
- Day nurseries
- Day nurseries
- Mixed-age facilities (houses for children)
- Short-term care (facilities requiring operating permits)
- "Networks for children" facilities
The operating permit may be subject to ancillary provisions and conditions and is generally only issued after a thorough examination of the local circumstances.
Permission is to be granted if the welfare of the children in the daycare facility is guaranteed. As a rule, this can be assumed if
- the spatial, professional, economic and personnel requirements for operation, which correspond to the purpose and concept of the facility, are met,
- social and linguistic integration and a health-promoting living environment are supported in the facility, and preventive health care and medical care for children and adolescents are not impeded, and
- appropriate procedures for participation and the possibility to complain about personal matters are applied to ensure the rights of children and adolescents in the facility.
The application must be submitted in writing to the district administrative authority (district office or city administration) or, in the case of daycare centers run by independent municipalities, to the government. This authority then examines - if necessary also by visiting the premises - whether the requirements for the granting of the operating license are met.
According to the requirements of the individual case, the responsible specialists have the right and the duty (also unannounced) to check the ongoing operation of the facility, especially in case of danger. The commencement (and an imminent closure) of the operation of a facility requiring a permit must be notified to the competent authority, stating the name and address of the operator, the type and location of the facility, the number of places available, and the names and professional training of the manager and care staff. Any changes and the number of occupied places must be reported once a year.
Floor plans with square meter specifications and functional description
Statutes of the executing agency
Evidence of formal qualifications of management
Extended certificate of good conduct of the facility management
Usage agreement for dual use
Building permit (including change of use/fire protection)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
An appeal or administrative court action may be brought against the decision on the application for an operating license.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited