Pathogens; application for authorization for activities
Anyone wishing to bring pathogens into the Federal Republic of Germany, export them, store them, dispense them or work with them requires a permit from the competent authority.
The permit is personal. The prerequisite is that the applicant
- has the necessary expertise and
- has not proven to be unreliable for the activities for which the permit is requested.
The required expertise is generally demonstrated by
- the completion of a degree in human, dental or veterinary medicine, pharmacy or the completion of a degree in natural sciences from a university of applied sciences or university with microbiological content and
- at least two years of full-time work with pathogens under the supervision of a person who is licensed to work with pathogens.
Another full-time professional activity of at least two years in the field of bacteriology, mycology, parasitology or virology is also recognized as proof of expertise if you have acquired equivalent expertise.
The application for the permit is made via the online procedure at the government responsible for the place of business. Alternatively, if you wish to submit a paper-based application, please contact the government responsible.
In addition to the permit, notification is also required: anyone wishing to start working with pathogens for the first time must notify the competent authority (see "Related topics").
You need permission from the authorities in good time so that you can notify the authorities at least 30 days before the planned start date.
An administrative fee is charged to the applicant, taking into account the time and effort involved and the importance of the matter (Kostengesetz - KG). Depending on the individual case, the costs generally range from €50.00 to €300.00; this information is provided as a guide.
Administrative court action
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit, Pflege und Prävention
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited