Flight school; application for approval of a training organization for aviation personnel.
To open and operate a flight school for the training of light aircraft, glider, balloon and private pilots (without instrument rating), the training organization must be licensed or registered.
Approval of a training organization is granted by issuing a certificate if the relevant requirements in terms of personnel, organization and subject matter are met.
The application must be submitted to the responsible aviation office in writing or electronically (by e-mail). The application must contain:
- Name and address of the training organization;
- Date of the planned start of the activity;
- Information on the person and qualifications of the management personnel (including operations manager, training manager, flight safety manager, quality assurance officer), flight instructors, flight simulation training instructors and theory instructors;
- Name and address of the airfields and/or operating sites where the training is to be conducted;
- Details of theoretical training and flight preparation rooms and office and meeting rooms;
- List of aircraft operated for training;
- List of Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTD) the training organization intends to use, if applicable;
- Type of training the training organization intends to conduct.
Air Offices will first verify that the applicable requirements are met by the training organization based on the information and documentation provided. Subsequently, an audit is carried out by the staff of the air office, during which the compliance of the actual conditions with the regulations in the manuals and the standards of Regulation (EU) No. 1178/2011 is verified in the form of an on-site inspection. The results of the audit form the basis for the final decision on the approval of the training organization.
approx. 1 to 3 months (possibly longer, depending on the number of training programs and the applicant's cooperation). In any case, training operations may only commence after approval has been granted.
official certificate of good conduct
and declaration of pending criminal proceedings of the person authorised to represent;
Extract from the commercial register or the register of associations or cooperatives;
Operations manual with quality management, compliance and safety management systems;
Training manual with syllabi;
Completed and confirmed checklist for the established operation and training manual;
Copies of licences and curricula vitae of the training manager, instructors and other teaching staff;
Organizational chart of the company structure;
Copies of the on-board documents of the training aircraft;
For flight schools subject to registration, facilitations apply in this respect; in any case, the training programme must be enclosed.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Antrag auf Ausstellung eines Zeugnisses als zugelassene Ausbildungsorganisation [Dateiformat: pdf]
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- New registration of the training organization: 600,00 € (plus expenses) (payment also possible online via the payment platform ePayBayern)
Action (action for commitment in the event of rejection of the application)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited