Flight school; application for approval of a training organisation for aviation personnel
In order to open and operate a flight school for the training of light aircraft, glider, balloon and private pilots (without instrument rating), the training organisation must be licensed or registered.
Flight training may only be conducted in approved or registered flight schools. In Bavaria, the Air Offices of Northern Bavaria and Southern Bavaria are responsible for the approval or registration of training organizations for the training of light aircraft, glider, balloon and private pilots (without instrument rating).
The application shall include:
- Name and address of the training organization;
- date of intended commencement of the activity;
- personal details and qualifications of the management staff (including Head of Training, HT), flight instructors, flight simulation training instructors and theory instructors;
- Name and address of the aerodromes and/or operating sites where the training is to be conducted;
- List of aircraft operated for training;
- List of flight simulation training devices (FSTD) which the training organisation intends to use, if applicable;
- Type of training the training organisation intends to conduct.
Airworthiness Authorities shall verify that the relevant requirements are met by the training organisation on the basis of the available information and documentation.
official certificate of good conduct
and declaration of pending criminal proceedings of the person authorised to represent;
Extract from the commercial register or the register of associations or cooperatives;
Operations manual with quality management, compliance and safety management systems;
Training manual with syllabi;
Completed and confirmed checklist for the established operation and training manual;
Copies of licences and curricula vitae of the training manager, instructors and other teaching staff;
Organizational chart of the company structure;
Copies of the on-board documents of the training aircraft;
For flight schools subject to registration, facilitations apply in this respect; in any case, the training programme must be enclosed.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Antrag auf Ausstellung eines Zeugnisses als zugelassene Ausbildungsorganisation [Dateiformat: pdf]
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- Re-registration of the training organisation: 600,00 € (plus expenses)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited