Electricity and gas networks; application for approval of network charges, classification as a closed distribution network, or implementation of an abuse procedure
The Regulatory Chamber of the Free State of Bavaria, as the state regulatory authority, is responsible for regulating electricity and gas network operators to whose networks fewer than 100,000 customers are connected and whose networks do not extend beyond the territory of Bavaria.
- for the determination of revenue caps: no application required, procedure is initiated ex officio by the state regulatory authority
- for approval of network charges: application in accordance with § 23a of the Energy Industry Act (Energiewirtschaftsgesetz)
- for classification as a closed distribution network: informal application
- for the implementation of an abuse procedure: informal application
The Regulatory Chamber of the Free State of Bavaria, as the state regulatory authority, is responsible for regulating network operators to whose networks fewer than 100,000 customers are directly or indirectly connected and whose networks do not extend beyond the territory of Bavaria. In this regard, the governments support the regulatory chamber of the Free State of Bavaria.
The Federal Network Agency is responsible for operators of extra-high voltage and long-distance networks and for distribution networks with more than 100,000 directly or indirectly connected customers, as well as for transnational distribution networks.
Approval of network charges: Approval must be applied for in writing at least six months before the date on which the charges are to take effect (Section 23a (3) Sentence 1 of the Energy Industry Act).
for the approval of network charges: cost statements
for monitoring the provisions on unbundling: submission of an equal treatment programme and report pursuant to section 8(5) sentence 2 of the Energy Act
for classification as a closed distribution network: submission of data on the network structure and connected customers in accordance with section 110(3) of the EnWG
Fees are incurred for setting revenue caps, approving network charges, making decisions in abuse proceedings, and for classification as a closed distribution network; the respective amounts are based on the administrative effort required and the economic significance of the matter. The minimum fee for abuse proceedings is 5,000 euros.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited