Driving school license; application
Anyone who trains learner drivers as an independent driving instructor or has them trained by driving instructors employed by them requires a driving school license.
The driving school license is issued if
- the applicant has reached the age of 25 and there are no facts that make him/her appear unreliable to run a driving school,
- there are no facts that justify the assumption that the applicant cannot fulfill the obligations under Section 29 of the Driving Instructor Act,
- the applicant holds a driving instructor's license for the category for which he/she is applying for a driving school license,
- the applicant has worked full-time as a driving instructor for at least two years as part of an employment relationship with the holder of a driving instructor's license,
- the applicant has successfully completed a course of at least 70 teaching units of 45 minutes on driving school business management,
- the applicant has the required classroom, the required teaching materials and the teaching vehicles intended for driving training in the relevant driving license category.
Holders of a driving instructor's license issued in another country that entitles them to independently train learner drivers in that country, or a certificate issued in another country that entitles them to independently train learner drivers, do not have to meet the professional qualification requirements listed under points 3 to 5 above. If the other requirements are met, the driving instructor license for the requested driving license category will be issued if the requirements for issuing a driving instructor license for the driving instructor license category corresponding to his/her driving instructor license category or certificate of competence in accordance with the Driving Instructors Act and the legal ordinances issued on the basis of this Act are met.
Application for a driving school licence
In the application for a driving school licence, the applicant shall state the name and address of the driving school and indicate the driving school licence class for which the driving school licence is to be issued in accordance with section 17(2) of the Driving Instructor Act.
officially certified copy or photocopy of the driving instructor's licence
Documents on the activity as a driving instructor in accordance with § 18 Para. 1 No. 4 Driving Instructor Act
Certificate from the provider of a driving school management course in accordance with § 18 Para. 1 No. 5 Driving Instructor Act on successful course attendance
Declaration of whether a driving school permit has already been issued and by which authority
scaled plan of the classrooms with details of their equipment
Declaration that the prescribed teaching materials are available
List of the number and type of training vehicles
Certificate of good conduct within the meaning of Section 30a (1) No. 1 of the Federal Central Register Act in accordance with Section 30 (5) of the Federal Central Register Act, which must not be older than three months
Extract from the central business register, which is not older than three months
Confirmation of the competent tax authority about the fulfillment of tax obligations
If the applicant is a legal entity or partnership or the holder of a certificate of competence from another country (see requirements), other / additional documents may be required. In this case, please contact your licensing authority for more information.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited