Waste producer number; application

Commercial waste producers who generate more than two tons of hazardous waste per year require a waste producer number.



  • commercial activity
  • Disposal of more than 2 tons of hazardous waste per year


You must apply for the waste producer number from the authority responsible for the place where the waste is generated.

A separate waste producer number must be applied for each waste generation site. This is particularly important for construction sites.

Special notes

The Bavarian State Office for the Environment (LfU) must be notified of all boreholes two weeks before work begins (see under "Related topics").


No deadlines are specified. However, the waste producer number should be applied for in good time before the start of construction work or disposal.


  • none


Administrative court proceedings; information

Administrative court action

Links to more information


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.