Hospital pharmacy; application for an operating licence
The responsible body of a hospital can apply for permission to operate a hospital pharmacy.
Anyone who wants to operate a hospital pharmacy as the responsible body of a hospital must apply for a permit according to § 14 Pharmacy Act (ApoG). This can be done informally by e-mail to the competent government.
The following are responsible for issuing an operating permit for a hospital pharmacy
- the Government of Upper Bavaria for the administrative districts of Upper Bavaria, Lower Bavaria and Swabia;
- the Government of Upper Franconia for the administrative districts of Upper, Middle and Lower Franconia and Upper Palatinate.
Permission to operate a hospital pharmacy shall be granted to the responsible body of a hospital if it
- the employment of a pharmacist who fulfils the requirements according to § 2 para. 1 nos. 1 to 4, 7 and 8 as well as para. 3, also in connection with para. 2 or 2a ApoG, and
- provides evidence of the premises required for hospital pharmacies in accordance with the Pharmacy Operations Regulations.
The informal application with the necessary documents must be sent to the competent government.
Permission can only be granted after all required documents have been submitted and open questions have been clarified, as well as a successful inspection of the premises (no critical or serious defects/faults).
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
A fee of between € 250 and € 3,000 is set on the basis of the administrative effort and time involved and the importance of the matter for the applicant (according to the schedule of costs - tariff no. 7.IX.7/tariff item 2.12). The fee covers the costs of the acceptance inspection.
The costs (fees and expenses) are to be borne by the applicant.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited