Hospital pharmacy; application for operating license.
The sponsor of a hospital may apply for permission to operate a hospital pharmacy.
Anyone who wants to operate a hospital pharmacy as the responsible body of a hospital must apply for a permit in accordance with Section 14 of the German Pharmacy Act (ApoG). This can be done informally by e-mail to the responsible government.
The following are responsible for issuing an operating license for a hospital pharmacy
- the Government of Upper Bavaria for the administrative districts of Upper Bavaria, Lower Bavaria and Swabia;
- the Government of Upper Franconia for the administrative districts of Upper, Middle and Lower Franconia and Upper Palatinate.
Permission to operate a hospital pharmacy is granted to the operator of a hospital if it
- employs a pharmacist who meets the requirements of Section 2 (1) Nos. 1 to 4, 7 and 8 and (3), also in conjunction with (2) or (2a) ApoG, and
- provides evidence of the premises required for hospital pharmacies in accordance with the Pharmacy Operations Ordinance.
The informal application with the required documents should be sent to the relevant government.
The permit can only be issued after all required documents have been submitted and open questions have been clarified, and the premises have been successfully inspected (no critical or serious defects/faults).
Evidence concerning the person of the pharmacy manager
Proof of premises for the pharmacy
(among others floor plan)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
A fee of between €250 and €3,000 is set on the basis of the administrative effort and time involved and the importance of the matter for the applicant (in accordance with Schedule of Fees - Tariff No. 7.IX.7/Tariff item 2.12). The fee covers the costs of the acceptance inspection.
The costs (fees and expenses) are to be borne by the applicant.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited