Bus and coach transport; application for the examination to acquire the professional qualification to run a company
To open a company that transports people by road, you must prove your professional qualification.
- For examination registration: none
- For proof by training: Completion in an apprenticeship started before 4.12.2011 as:
- Management assistant in rail and road transport, specialization: passenger transport
- Transport specialist (m/f)
- Business economist (DAV) from the German Foreign Trade and Transport Academy in Bremen
- Diplom-Betriebswirt/Diplom-Betriebswirtin in the Department of Economics I, Transport Economics and Logistics, Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences
- Diplom-Verkehrsfachwirt/Diplom-Verkehrsfachwirtin at the Dresden University of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Transport Business Administration and Logistics, specialization in Transport Logistics from Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences
- For proof by professional experience:
- For bus transport: at least 10 years of managerial work in a bus company
- For cab transport: at least three years of managerial work in a cab and rental car company
For proof of suitability by examination, first register for the examination in writing or online at your local IHK. When doing so, you must select whether you wish to take the examination for road haulage or for taxi/hire car transport.
- The IHK will confirm your registration for the exam.
- You will first successfully take the two written exams.
- After passing the written exam, you will take the oral exam.
- Approximately 14 days after passing the exam, you will receive your certificate of professional qualification.
With the certificate, you can now apply for your permit to open your business with the relevant authorities.
For proof of professional suitability without taking the exams, send your written application including all supporting documents to the IHK. After processing, you will receive your certificate by mail.
As a rule, you will receive your pass or fail notification about two weeks after taking the exam.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited