Real estate loan broker; application for a permit
If you want to broker or advise on real estate loans on a commercial basis, you need a permit to do so.
- Personal reliability, i.e. you have not been convicted of a criminal offense in the past five years
- Orderly financial circumstances
- Professional liability insurance or an equivalent guarantee
- Principal place of business or head office in Germany and commercial activity in Germany
You must apply for permission to act as a real estate loan broker before you can start your business.
- You first submit an application including all supporting documents
- As a rule, you can also apply for entry in the register of intermediaries at this stage.
- The responsible office checks whether you meet the requirements
- If you meet all the requirements, the permit is issued.
You must also be entered in the register of intermediaries at the latest when you start working as an intermediary.
The permit is valid for an unlimited period of time.
Processing usually takes a few weeks once all documents are complete.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited