Approved training organisation for the training of commercial pilots and for the training to obtain an instrument rating; application for approval
The approved training organisation (ATO) for the training of commercial pilots as well as for the training to obtain the instrument rating must be approved by the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt.
The application must include:
- Name, residence or registered office of the applicant;
- Declaration that a certificate of good conduct in accordance with § 30 BZRG has been applied for for submission to the competent authority;
- statement of nationality, if the applicant is a natural person;
- proof of nationality must be provided on request;
- Copies of the pilot licences as well as curricula vitae of the training manager, the flight instructors and other teaching personnel;
- Evidence that sufficient personnel, technical and organisational resources are available to maintain the airworthiness of the aircraft used at all times and to conduct safe operations and training in an orderly manner;
- Approval by the aerodrome operator of the type of training to be conducted at the aerodrome.
Further information on particulars and evidence shall be obtained from the competent authority.
Declaration that a certificate of good conduct in accordance with § 30 BZRG has been applied for submission to the competent authority.
on request, proof of nationality
Copies of licences and curricula vitae of the training manager, instructors and other teaching staff;
Memorandum/Articles of Association;
agreement by the aerodrome operator on the type of training to be conducted at the aerodrome
Antrag auf Erteilung eines Zeugnisses für zugelassene Ausbildungsorganisationen (ATO)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- Information on the costs incurred for the training permit shall be obtained from the competent authority.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited