Taxi permit; application
You need a taxi permit if you want to transport people commercially by taxi.
Transport by taxi is the transport of persons by means of passenger cars which the operator keeps available at officially authorised places and with which he carries out journeys to a destination determined by the passenger. The entrepreneur may also accept transport orders during a journey or at the place of business.
New applicants are granted a permit for a maximum of two years. An extension is granted for a maximum of five years.
Holders of a taxi permit have the following obligations:
- Operating duty
They must maintain the operation, if necessary also at night.
- Obligation to transport
You may only refuse journeys (even short ones) if the driver cannot reasonably be expected to be transported. This is the case, for example, with heavily intoxicated persons.
- Obligatory tariff
Within the compulsory travel area applicable to you, the price for a journey is based on the locally prescribed transport charges. The compulsory driving area is usually the city or district of the place of business.
The equipment of taxis is mandatory. The following regulations apply:
- The car must be equipped with a roof sign.
- In the rear window you must carry the registration number assigned by the licensing authority.
- The colour scheme for taxis (light ivory) is mandatory in Bavaria,
§ 26 BOKraft.
- Inside the vehicle, you must display the company's address in a clearly visible place.
- The fare indicator must show the fare visibly for the passengers.
Taxis may stand at designated taxi stands and be requested by passengers, on the street or at the operator's place of business.
- The entrepreneur or the persons appointed for the management must be reliable and professionally suitable.
- The company must be safe. For example, there must be no arrears of taxes or social security contributions and the vehicle management must be impeccable.
- The company must be financially viable.
- The company's business locations entered in the commercial register or register of cooperatives must be in Germany.
You must apply for the taxi permit in writing to the relevant office. Depending on the offer, you can download an application form on the Internet.
In the hearing procedure, the competent body requests opinions from, among others:
- trade supervisory authorities
- the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- the relevant trade unions and professional associations
After expiry of the deadline for comments, it decides on the application and informs the applicant in writing of the result.
Unlike for-hire transport, taxi permits are not available indefinitely. The number of permits available depends on local conditions.
Normally, the competent body will decide on your application within three months. The period can be extended by a maximum of another three months. The prerequisite is that the competent body has announced this in a written interim decision within the first three months.
Framework fee for approval: 100.00 - 1,465 EUR
For standard cases it amounts to
- for the first vehicle: EUR 150.00
- for each additional vehicle: EUR 40.00
These amounts are not binding on the approval authority.
In the event of an excessive administrative burden, the licensing authority may deviate from them up to the maximum amount of the framework fee.
You will incur further costs for register information and other supporting documents.
Action before the competent administrative court
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited