Speed governors; application for recognition of establishments for installation and testing.
Speed limiters may only be installed and tested in motor vehicles by vehicle manufacturers officially recognized for this purpose, by manufacturers of speed limiters or by agents of the manufacturers, and by workshops authorized by them.
The governments are responsible for the recognition of companies for the installation and testing of speed limiters according to § 57d para. 4 StVZO and for the supervision according to § 57d para. 9 StVZO.
The recognition is not transferable. It may be combined with ancillary provisions to ensure that the installation and testing are carried out properly.
The recognition is granted if
- the applicant, or in the case of legal entities, the persons appointed to represent them by law or by their articles of association, offers a guarantee of reliable exercise of the powers conferred thereby,
- the applicant, if he carries out the tests himself, proves that he has the necessary skilled personnel as well as the necessary testing devices and other facilities and equipment corresponding to the state of the art,
- the applicant, if he has the tests and installation carried out by workshops authorized by him, proves that he has ensured by means of appropriate monitoring and instruction powers that the prerequisites according to number 2 are fulfilled at the workshops and that the installation and the tests are carried out properly.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited