Speed limitation devices; application for approval of establishments for installation and testing
Speed limitation devices may be installed and tested in motor vehicles only by officially recognised vehicle manufacturers, speed limitation device manufacturers or their authorised representatives and by workshops authorised by them.
The governments are responsible for the recognition of establishments for the installation and testing of speed limitation devices in accordance with § 57d (4) StVZO and for supervision in accordance with § 57d (9) StVZO.
The recognition is not transferable. It may be combined with ancillary provisions to ensure that the installation and tests are carried out properly.
Recognition shall be granted if
- the applicant, or in the case of legal persons, the persons appointed to represent them by law or by their memorandum and articles of association, offers guarantees of the reliable exercise of the powers conferred thereby
- the applicant, if he carries out the tests himself, proves that he has at his disposal the necessary skilled personnel as well as the necessary state of the art testing apparatus and other facilities and equipment,
- the applicant, if he has the tests and installation carried out by workshops authorized by him, proves that he has ensured, by means of appropriate powers of supervision and instruction, that the workshops fulfil the conditions laid down in item 2 and that the installation and tests are carried out correctly.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited