Air operator's certificate; application
An Air Operator Certificate (AOC) must be applied for in order to conduct commercial flights with aircraft of performance class B and/or non-technically complex helicopters that begin and end at the same aerodrome.
An Air Operator Certificate (AOC) is required for the operation of aircraft for the carriage of passengers, cargo or mail for remuneration or other valuable consideration (= commercial air transport operation).
The operator must apply for this from the responsible aviation authority before commencing commercial air traffic operations.
Among other things, the applicant must prove to the authority that
- all requirements imposed on operators of commercial air transport operations by Regulation (EU) 2018/1139 and the associated Implementing Regulation (EU) No. 965/2012 are met,
- all aircraft operated have a certificate of airworthiness,
- the structure and management of the operator is suitable and appropriate to the size and scope of the air operation.
Before issuing the AOC, the authority verifies that the operator complies with the legal requirements and, to this end, conducts a supervisory inspection at the operator's place of business.
If commercial air traffic operations are conducted with aircraft other than performance class B or with technically complicated helicopters or according to instrument flight rules (IFR), the authority responsible for issuing the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) is the Federal Office of Civil Aeronautics (Luftfahrt-Bundesamt).
In this case, please contact the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt, 38144 Braunschweig.
No fixed deadlines, contact as early as possible
Extract from the commercial register
Police clearance certificate
according to ORO.MLR.100 of Regulation (EU) No 965/2012
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
1,100.00 to 16,000.00 euros
The costs are calculated on a case-by-case basis depending on the complexity of the matter.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited