Electronic health professional card; application as a person in a health profession.
If you want to access the telematics infrastructure (TI) in healthcare, you need an electronic health professional card (eHBA) as a person in a healthcare profession.
The electronic health professional card (eHBA) is a chip card for personal authentication of persons in health professions. The eHBA gives you access to the telematics infrastructure (TI). The TI networks all those involved in the healthcare system and will thus enable access to the electronic patient file (ePA) in the future, for example.
There are different eHBAs for different occupational groups. There is an eHBA for:
- Persons in health care professions
Use this online service to apply for an eHBA as a non-appointed person in a health profession. These include:
- Health care professionals.
- geriatric nurses
To obtain the eHBA, you must first enroll in the electronic health care professional registry (eGBR). You then apply for the eHBA from a trusted service provider (VDA). VDAs charge an annual fee, which may vary from VDA to VDA.
- You must present a professional license.
- You must pay the administrative fee.
You can apply for an electronic health professional card (eHBA) online:
- Access the electronic health professional register (eGBR) specialist portal and complete the online application.
- There is a one-time administrative fee for entry into the eGBR.
- Upon receipt of your application, your professional credentials will be reviewed.
- You will receive an email with the results of the check and your process number after the check has been completed.
- You use the process number to order your eHBA as a smart card from a trust service provider (VDA) of your choice for a fee.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Gesundheit
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited