Electronic institutional card; application as an institution with employees in health professions.
As a nursing, obstetrics or physiotherapy facility, would you like to enable your employees to access the telematics infrastructure (TI)? Then you can apply for an electronic institutional card (SMC-B) under certain conditions.
The SMC-B (Security Module Card Type B) is an electronic institutional card and electronic institutional ID card in one. It enables people working in the healthcare professions at an institution to access the telematics infrastructure (TI). The TI networks all those involved in the healthcare system and will thus enable access to the electronic patient file (ePA), for example, in the future.
There are different SMC-B for different professional groups. There is an SMC-B for
- Medical practices
- Nursing, obstetrics and physiotherapy facilities
Use this online service to apply for an SMC-B for institutions with employees who are not organized in chambers. These are:
- Health care, nursing and geriatric care facilities
- Obstetrics facilities
- Physical therapy facilities
To obtain the SMC-B, you must first register your institution in the electronic health care professional registry (eGBR) for a fee. You then apply for the SMC-B from a trusted service provider (VDA). VDAs charge an annual fee that varies from provider to provider.
- You must present an authorization to provide services.
- The person employed by the company must have an eHBA.
- You must pay the administrative fee.
You can apply for SMC-B online as a nursing, obstetrics or physical therapy facility:
- Access the electronic health care professional registry (eGBR) subject portal and complete the online application.
- Once your application is received, it will be reviewed.
- There is an administrative fee for the review.
- Once the review is complete, you will receive an email with the results of the review and your transaction number.
- You can use the transaction number to order an SMCB from a trusted service provider (VDA) of your choice for a fee.
- The VDAs charge an annual fee that varies from provider to provider
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Gesundheit
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited