The government of the Upper Palatinate supervises the following persons, companies, institutions, seminars and courses for the whole of Bavaria (driving school supervision):
- the driving instructors,
- the driving schools and their branches
- the driving instructor training centers
- the providers of instruction seminars for training driving instructors
- the sponsors of instruction courses for the acquisition of the seminar permit postgraduate seminar or the seminar permit traffic pedagogy,
- the sponsors of introductory courses for course leaders of introductory courses,
- the sponsors of continuing education courses for driving instructors, holders of a seminar permit postgraduate seminar or traffic pedagogy and training driving instructors.
The supervision includes:
- the assessment of the professional and pedagogical quality of driving school training, seminars and courses,
- checking compliance with driving instructor regulations (in particular compliance with equipment standards and record-keeping obligations).
The government of the Upper Palatinate therefore checks every two or four years on site in particular whether
- the training, the advanced seminars, the traffic pedagogical part of the driving aptitude seminars, the instruction seminars, the instruction courses, the introductory courses and the advanced training courses are carried out properly,
- the classrooms, teaching materials and teaching vehicles are available and comply with the legal requirements, and
- the other obligations based on the Driving Instructor Act and the legal ordinances based on it are fulfilled.
The government of the Upper Palatinate can make use of suitable persons or bodies (experts) to carry out the monitoring, who are authorized to
- to enter properties and business premises of the licensee during normal business hours,
- to carry out tests and inspections there,
- to attend the lessons, the postgraduate seminars, the traffic pedagogical sub-measures of the driving aptitude seminars, the familiarization courses, the introductory courses and the advanced training courses,
- to inspect the prescribed records, to make copies and to secure them, and
- to demand all necessary information from natural and legal persons and unincorporated associations of persons.
The person to be monitored must tolerate the above measures, support the expert during the inspection and, upon request, immediately provide the necessary information or submit documents.