Non-profit and commercial collection; notification
Non-profit and commercial collections of recyclable waste from private households shall be notified to the county administrative authority prior to their intended commencement.
The district administrative authority (Landratsamt or Kreisfreie Stadt) may impose conditions and requirements or impose a time limit on the collection.
The commercial collection is to be prohibited if:
- there are doubts about the reliability of the person making the notification or of the person responsible for the collection, or
- the collection is contrary to overriding public interests,
i.e. it prevents the public waste management authority from fulfilling its disposal obligations on economically balanced terms or significantly impairs its planning security and organisational responsibility. The latter is to be assumed if
- waste is collected for which the public waste management authority carries out household or other high-quality separate collection and recycling of waste,
- the stability of charges is jeopardised, or
- the non-discriminatory and transparent award of waste management services in competition is considerably impeded or undermined.
As a matter of principle, WEEE may only be collected or taken back by the public waste management authorities, the producer or distributor and their authorised agents.
- The collection must not be contrary to public interests.
- The waste must be recycled properly and without causing damage.
- There are no known facts that give rise to concerns about the reliability of the collector.
The notification can be made informally and must contain the following information as well as the required documents:
- Information on the size and organisation of the company (company name, address, telephone number, name of managing director, non-profit status yes/no; legal form, number of employees, activities in other federal states).
- Information on the type, extent, duration and location of the collection (specify start date, type (e.g. house collection, container collection), rotation, collection area, planned duration).
- Information on the type, quantity and whereabouts of the waste to be recovered (designation of waste fractions, expected collection quantities, whereabouts (e.g. sorting plant, export, direct sales))
Information on recovery and recovery routes (presentation of recovery routes including securing of recovery capacities; names of recovery companies, information on capacities of disposal facilities)
Non-profit and commercial collections of recyclable waste from households must be notified to the competent district administrative authority at least three months before the collection begins.
Copy of the business registration
Approval of the disposal facility
Contracts with recycling companies
Certificates from recycling companies or other documents proving the harmless recycling.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited