Real estate brokers, loan brokers, developers, construction managers, and residential property managers; application for a permit.

As a real estate broker, loan broker, developer, construction manager and residential property manager, you need a business license.


Pursuant to Section 34 c (1) Sentence 1 Nos. 1 - 4 of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act (Gewerbeordnung), the following are subject to licensing:

  • brokering the conclusion of and providing evidence of the opportunity to conclude contracts for real property, rights equivalent to real property, residential premises, commercial premises
  • brokering the conclusion of loan agreements or providing evidence of the opportunity to conclude such agreements,
  • the preparation and execution of construction projects as a builder in its own name for its own account or for the account of third parties using assets of purchasers, tenants, lessees or other persons entitled to use the property or of applicants for acquisition or use rights,
  • the economic preparation and implementation of construction projects as a construction manager in the name of a third party for the account of a third party.
  • the management of the common property of condominium owners within the meaning of Section 1 (2), (3), (5) and (6) of the German Condominium Act (Wohnungseigentumsgesetz) or the management of tenancies of residential premises within the meaning of Section 549 of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch) for third parties.

In the case of partnerships (e.g. OHG, KG), the trader is any managing partner; in the case of legal entities, permission is granted to the GmbH or AG.

The authorities have information and inspection rights vis-à-vis traders pursuant to Section 34c of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act in accordance with Section 29 of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act. At the request of the authorities, the parties concerned must provide the information required to monitor business operations. Furthermore, the authorities are authorized to enter the business premises in order to carry out inspections and surveys.


  • Reliability
  • orderly financial circumstances
  • for the license as a residential property manager additionally: proof of professional liability insurance

Processing time

Duration of the procedure: approx. 3 - 5 weeks

Required documents

  • Certificate of good conduct for authorities
  • Extract from the Central Trade Register

    (to be applied for at the municipality of residence)

  • Information on entries in the debtors' register of the central enforcement courts

  • Information from the competent insolvency court(s)

  • Extract from the commercial or cooperative register (if applicable)

  • for the permit as residential property manager additionally: proof of professional liability insurance

  • in the case of a power of attorney: a written power of attorney and identification of the grantor of the power of attorney and the authorized representative


  • Fees are incurred. These result from the fee schedule of the locally responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.