Occasional services by coach and bus; application for authorisation
Governments are the competent licensing authorities for occasional services by coach and bus (vehicles with more than 9 seats).
Occasional services are divided into the following types of transport:
- Excursion trips
- Holiday destination trips
- transport by coach and bus for hire
Licences for these forms of transport are issued for a period of 10 years. The Government issues certificates to occasional transport operators for the international carriage of passengers for hire or reward within the territory of the European Community.
The entrepreneur must prove that
- the safety and efficiency of the business is guaranteed (submission of balance sheets, asset statements, etc.),
- he or the person appointed to manage the business (transport manager) are reliable (police clearance certificate, extract from the driver's licence register etc.),
- the professional qualifications are given (certificate of professional competence from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce),
- he/she and the entrepreneurs commissioned by him/her to perform transport services have their registered office or branch office within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
Enclosures to be included:
- Equity certificate
- Timetable and list of stops with details of the length of the route, and in the case of en-route services, also of the sections of the route, in kilometres
- Conditions of carriage and charges (fare table)
- Certificate of the competent tax office in tax matters
- Certificate of the municipality of the place of business on the tax reliability
- Certificate of the competent authorities on the proper payment of contributions to social health and pension insurance and to unemployment insurance
- Certificate from the Employer's Liability Insurance Association on the proper payment of contributions (including any advances to be paid) for accident insurance
- Proof of the professional suitability of the person appointed to run the business / transport manager
- Only in the case of companies entered in the commercial or cooperative register: Certified copy of the entries (the documents should not be older than three months).
- Articles of association
- Official certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority - apply at the registration office -
- Information from the driver's aptitude register - apply to the registration office
- Extract from the central business register
- Documents proving the employment of the person appointed to manage the business / the transport manager
- Presentation of confirmation of the existence of a transport contract with the company (only in the case of professional transport)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited