Pregnancy conflict counseling centers; application for recognition
Pregnancy conflict counseling centers require state recognition.
Pregnancy conflict counseling centers at the district offices/health administrations are recognized by law.
Upon application, conflict counseling centers can be recognized by both public and independent providers. Thus, denominational and non-denominational welfare associations and other free providers and associations offer statutory conflict counseling (e.g. Diakonische Werke, Donum Vitae in Bayern e.V., pro familia), and in addition, in the municipalities, the local health offices. The pregnancy conflict counseling centers must submit an annual written report on their counseling activities, which includes the standards of the activity and the experience gained. The counseling centers are inspected by the responsible government at intervals of at least 3 years. If one of the required conditions for recognition is no longer met, recognition is revoked.
The recognition of the pregnancy conflict counseling centers as well as their withdrawal and revocation are published in the Bavarian State Gazette.
A counseling center may only be recognized if it offers the guarantee of professional pregnancy conflict counseling in accordance with § 5 of the Pregnancy Conflict Act (SchKG) and is capable of carrying out pregnancy conflict counseling in accordance with § 6 of the SchKG, in particular if it
- has sufficient personnel with personal and professional qualifications and sufficient numbers of staff,
- ensures that, if necessary, a specialist trained in medicine, psychology, social pedagogy, social work or law can be called in at short notice to carry out the counseling,
- cooperates with all agencies that provide public and private assistance for mother and child, and
- is not connected with any institution in which abortions are performed, either organizationally or through economic interests, in such a way that a material interest of the consulting institution in the performance of abortions cannot be ruled out.
Recognition as a counseling center can only be granted upon application by the sponsor of a counseling center or a physician.
The pregnancy counseling centers provide free and, if desired, anonymous counseling on all issues related to pregnancy and childbirth.
You can find further information under "Related topics".
You can find a counseling center near you under "Related links".
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited