Stunning of piglets; application for recognition of the course of expertise and the theoretical examination.
For courses of expertise for the acquisition of the theoretical basis for anesthesia in piglet castration by means of inhalation anesthesia, recognition is required with regard to the course content and the content of the associated theoretical examination.
Castration of piglets without anesthesia has been prohibited since January 1, 2021.
In addition to boar fattening and immunocastration, surgical piglet castration under inhalation anesthesia with isoflurane is one of the possible alternatives.
According to § 7 para. 1 no. 1 of the piglet stunning expertise ordinance, providers of corresponding courses for the acquisition of the theoretical basics require an official recognition of the course with the theoretical examination by the competent authority.
Since 01.07.2020, the Government of Upper Franconia has been responsible for the recognition of theoretical expertise courses and the associated, theoretical examination throughout Bavaria.
The prerequisite for the eligibility for recognition results from § 7 para. 2 piglet stunning expertise ordinance.
The content of the courses is the acquisition of the theoretical basics and preparation for the theoretical examination. The target group or participants of the courses are pig farmers or employees in pig farms who want to obtain the certificate of competence to perform stunning with isoflurane during piglet castration.
The application must be made in writing using the application form (see under "Forms") and the required documents.
4 - 6 weeks for complete application documents
- Time schedule of the training
- Training documents taking into account the complex of topics according to § 7 para. 2 sentence 1 no. 2 Piglet stunning expertise ordinance (presentations, handouts, leaflets etc.)
- Execution of the demonstration according to § 7 para. 2 sentence 1 no. 3 piglet stunning expertise regulation
- Catalogue of questions for the written examination including answer options for multiple choice / single choice questions
- If applicable, weighting of the questions of the written examination
- Question catalogue of oral questions including horizon of expectations
- Weighting between oral and written examination
- Criteria for passing / failing the examination
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
- Recognition: 200,00 to 2000,00 EUR plus expenses
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited