Pharmaceuticals; notice of retail sale outside pharmacies.

Anyone intending to dispense medicines at retail outside pharmacies or in a traveling trade must notify the municipality before commencing the activity.


Outside pharmacies, only so-called over-the-counter medicines may be distributed by retailers. Businesses and establishments must notify the municipality of these activities before they commence. This also applies to persons who carry out these activities independently and professionally. The activity must also be reported to the municipality prior to commencement for the distribution of medicinal products in the travel trade. This notification in accordance with the Medicinal Products Act must be submitted to the municipality in addition to the business registration in accordance with the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act.

Retail trade in over-the-counter medicinal products may only be operated if the entrepreneur has a person legally appointed to represent the entrepreneur or a person appointed by the entrepreneur to manage the business or to sell the products has the necessary expertise.

In the case of companies with several operating sites, there must be a person with the required expertise for each operating site.

The expertise must always be proven by an examination before the responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce. Certain examinations and certificates (e.g. pharmaceutical commercial employee, pharmaceutical technical assistant) are also recognized as proof of expertise.


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.