Providers of courses for the restoration of fitness to drive; application for recognition.
The government of the Upper Palatinate grants official recognition to institutions that conduct courses to restore the fitness to drive of drivers who have been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Applicants for a driving license must meet the physical and mental requirements for this (fitness to drive). If the driving license authority has doubts about an applicant's suitability, the applicant is examined by an assessment center for driving suitability. If the doubts about suitability have arisen due to alcohol or drug conspicuity, the assessment center can recommend a course to restore the client's fitness to drive following the medical-psychological examination (MPU).
These courses are conducted by institutions that must be officially recognized for this purpose.
- Application (e-mail to email@example.com)
- Requirements of Annex 15 to Section 70 (2) of the Driving License Ordinance (FeV)
- Prerequisites of the guideline on the requirements for institutions of assessment centers for driving suitability (§ 70 FeV) and their assessment by the Federal Highway Research Institute of January 27, 2014 (VkBl. p. 110), last amended by announcement of March 11, 2020 (VkBl. p. 215)
The applicant submits the application in writing or electronically (by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org), providing appropriate supporting documents.
Evidence of the legal form of the institution, name of the legal person
information on the organisation and management of the executing agency, its activities and its relations with a higher-level organisation
(Organisation chart and details of key positions in the management of the executing agency, powers and responsibilities)
Addresses of all places where courses for the restoration of fitness to drive are to be held in the area of responsibility of the respective recognition authority
List of recognition notices already available, stating the recognition authority, file number and date of recognition, insofar as another recognition has already been issued
(Presentation of copies of recognition certificates upon request).
Proof of the financial and organisational capacity of the executing agency
(profit and loss account of the last three financial years + concept, infrastructure, personnel, record keeping and accounting, cooperation with third parties, control system)
Ensuring the staffing with a sufficient number of course instructors.
Requirements for course instructors
- Evidence of completion of a university degree in psychology or an equivalent master's degree.
- Evidence of training in traffic psychology at a university or equivalent institution of higher education or at a body concerned with the assessment or restoration of fitness to drive
- Knowledge and experience in the examination and assessment of driver fitness; and
- Training as a director of courses for the restoration of fitness to drive.
Proof of maintenance of the course instructor qualification
Proof of the material and spatial equipment
(list/list + lease/user agreement/ floor plan/ photos of the premises).
Confirmation that the provider of courses for the restoration of fitness to drive is not at the same time a provider of driving training measures or a provider of assessment centres for fitness to drive.
Confirmation of the scientific basis and suitability of the courses by an independent body
Submission of an expert opinion by the Federal Highway Research Institute (BASt) on the fulfilment of the requirements of the directive in accordance with § 72 Paragraph 2 Number 3 FeV
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited