Arms trafficking; application for a licence
If you want to buy and sell firearms or ammunition, you need a firearms dealer's license to do so.
Permission to trade in firearms or ammunition is granted by means of a firearms trade licence.
The firearms trading licence may be restricted to certain types of firearms and ammunition.
The licence expires if the licence holder has not commenced the activity within one year of the granting of the licence or has not carried it out for one year. The time limits may be extended for special reasons.
The applicant must have the required reliability and personal suitability (cf. §§ 5 and 6 WaffG).
You must provide evidence of the required expertise. This does not apply if you do not manage the business, a branch or a dependent branch yourself.
The permit may be refused if you are not a German within the meaning of Article 116 of the Basic Law or if you have neither your habitual residence nor a commercial establishment within the area of application of this law.
The holder of a licence shall notify the competent authority within two weeks of the commencement and cessation of operations and of the opening and closure of a branch or a dependent branch.
Proof of reliability and personal suitability
Certificate of competence
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
- Issuance of a firearms trading permit according to § 21 para. 1 WaffG: 100 to 2,700 Euro
- Issuance of a deputy permit according to § 21a WaffG: 50 to 500 Euro
- State specialist examination in accordance with § 22 Para. 1 WaffG: 100 to 250 Euro
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited